Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned iOS Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! This new app will help you reach your goals, and bring the health and wellness information right on hand.

Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see the update right away, as it will take some time to roll out completely.

Happy stepping!

LizzyFitbit_2-1695145726394.png

Best Answer
2,368 REPLIES 2,368

Passionately HATE the new app.  No exercise details.  No heart rate graph. Is this a trick to force me into premium?  Apple Watch here I come.

Best Answer
Premium is no better!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Only registered to say:

- Hate the design of the new app, particularly the lack of colours and how this made it almost impossible to read graphs

- Will be terminating my premium subscription and moving to Apple Watch or Gamin

Well done Google, you destroyed Fitbit.

Looking forward to my feedback being ignored as well.

Best Answer
All I have heard is bad things about the new format.
Not heard one word from Fitbit.
I guess they should change their name to UNFITBIT!
Best Answer

Ditto 

Best Answer

I agree, they suck, to put it kindly.  My Turkey Trot race results completely disappeared.  I'm actively looking at alternatives and will switch!  They should be embarrased.

Best Answer

Hey! At least the posts are no longer stuck on page 66. We can read all 105 pages, with over 2,000 posts!.

Remember when accountability was valued by corporate America, amd complaints by customers were respected, acknowledged, and addressed?. Clearly the masters of a new world order have other plans, values, and intentions.  RIP Fitbit. Google declared you unfit for their global business model!

Best Answer

I am with all the others, this new app is not well desing, boring and has many UI problems. Why touch something that was working before, the app is so bad that I am considering buying another brand. It feel like a investment or bank app.

Best Answer

Agree! Please bring back the  iOS app heart rate zones bar graph for activities/exercise periods. I found it extremely helpful for my training regimen. Most missed feature from your 4.0 update. Cannot understand why you removed it!

Best Answer

Latest update ruined the exercise days by removing the heart rate display 

Best Answer

I cannot believe that this latest update was ever reviewed and tested by quality assurance. The update basically bricked my I pad and pixel 6a

apps. Syncing is difficult or impossible , with the pairing constantly being lost . Data is missing. This is on both app platforms and my inspire 3. I have no problems with other Bluetooth devices.

Best Answer

how to change to original layout?

Best Answer

If they refuse to bring back the look, feel and features of the old Fitbit app I’m going to be switching to Garmin for Christmas! 

Best Answer

Just done the same. I used to love my Fitbit and it has played a massive part in helping me focus on everything I do. This latest app update though takes away so many things that were fantastic features. Why? Reduce costs? Annoy loyal subscribers?  What is the rationale?  Anyway I now have a new Apple Watch and my Fitbit and the  premium subscription are in the bin.

Best Answer

The poor, inefficient new interface of Fitbit app version 4.04 is not the only problem. 
Just finished my first outdoor walk since upgrading to app 4.04 (40445055). 
my Charge 5 was unable to maintain a GPS connection to the iPhone in my pocket.

In the past this was the result of having the Fitbit app not set to “always” in the use location services setting (the “while using the app” setting used to be the cause of dropped connections). But it was still set to “always”. As a result Fitbit gave me a 6km walk with no map, while Strava (which maintained the GPS connection) logged a 9km walk and mapped it. 
The advantage Fitbit used to have over Strava was that it produced a heart rate graph and flagged the effort (fat burn, cardio, peak). But no longer, not after upgrading to 4.04 app. No heart rate info for the walk and no effort summary even though the Charge 5 was busy signaling transitions between the effort levels. 
ANOTHER HUGE FAILURE OF THIS LATEST FITBIT APP. 

Best Answer
Haven’t found a way. Seems there’s no going back.
Best Answer
Me too!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I had the same problem, but found that you can still select many other exercise types.  You have to tap the “Log” button at the top.  If you are in “Track” then you only have the three options.  With that said, I hate the app.  I’m starting to research other trackers and apps.  I’m trying to decide if I wait until my Fitbit dies and just ensure the app or do I switch now.  Good luck.

Best Answer

@Brandles88  That’s really good to know! I would not have found the ‘log’ feature. !!! There’s no drop down until you start to type an exercise ‘type’ but I can see that there are lots of options there to choose from. Just start with the letter of your exercise choice. Thanks for that info.

Steps:

From the new dashboard Tap on ‘exercise days’ then;

1. Add exercise (green button bottom right)

2. Change from Track to Log, top right 

3. Type in search field for exercise types. For example ‘J’ = option of Jumping Rope or Water Jogging 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As bad as I thought the V 4 app was, I just put 4.04 on. There’s an old saying, you can’t polish a turd!  This IOS patch is worthless!

Best Answer