Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for Syncing to your iOS device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are multiple troubleshooting steps you can try. Make sure you check the required settings on your phone and try all the recommendations listed below before posting on the forums for further support. 

• Try removing the Bluetooth connection between your phone and your Fitbit device:
     *On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon > next to the name of your Fitbit device Forget This Device.
  • Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request.

Requirements

• Your iPhone or iPad is running the latest version of iOS. To check, tap Settings  

General > Software Update

• Your Fitbit device is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app?
  • Your iPhone or iPad is connected to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your iPhone or iPad is turned on. To check, tap Settings  

Bluetooth 

• Your iPhone or iPad isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. If you have multiple Bluetooth products like speakers or headsets paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  • If you use more than one phone or tablet to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it.
  • Your Fitbit device is charged

Troubleshooting

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings  

> Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart it. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart your iPhone or iPad. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  7. Open the Fitbit app.
  8. If your Fitbit device doesn’t sync, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone or tablet and try to sync.
  9. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your iPhone or iPad and try to sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
130 REPLIES 130

can't even connect to Mac. Nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Done all these options..several times and it won’t sync. Now won’t pair. Says “abort” and error. Just happened randomly over a day ago. 

Best Answer

None of this works.  

Best Answer

None of this works.  Going to purchase an Apple Watch tomorrow.

Best Answer

their tech support sucks. I was called “sweetheart” twice by the rep. How insulting

Same problem. Told today to buy a new phone 

Best Answer

Fitbit stopped syncing 11/6 - seems like an app issue 

Best Answer

It is completely clear from the pages of responses saying that this does not work, that perhaps this does not, or at best works for a little while and then stops again. It is ridiculous to REQUIRE an expensive device like the charge 5 to be manually paired with the phone on a regular (daily) basis just to get the data to sync. Slaves to technology.. iPhone 13, latest IOS (no recent versions work), latest app (no recent versions work). It has not worked reliably since purchase and if anything is getting worse (this feeling may just be because I can't be bothered to pair daily, so eventually end up with gaps in the data).

Best Answer

I am having the same issue as several of the answers below, new Versa 3 and iPhone 13, the bluetooth disconnects constantly during the day, I have to keep going in, forgetting the device, turning bluetooth off and back on, and re-connect them.  There must be a better way to handle this.

Best Answer

Why does it make sense that we buy this to not have to use our phones but get notifications that we need to open the app to sync the Fitbit to the app every morning. Could we please just come up with a feature that sync the watch to the app without having to open the app? Without having to do all these steps multiple times a day to keep the text messages, phones, weather information available to our watch? 

Best Answer

Totally agree! By now the techies should have this figured out. Very frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

But why is it necessary to troubleshoot syncing EVERY SINGLE DAY?  This is extremely frustrating. Every single day the progress bar makes it about 1/2 way and then quits. The troubleshooting steps work most of the time. But have to be done daily. I switched from an old versa lite to a sense 2 thinking that would help. It didn’t. I have an iPhone 13 running iOS 16.5. So not exactly ancient. 

Best Answer