Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips to sync Fitbit data with Apple Health

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm tired of seeing people requesting Fitbit to integrate / sync with Apple Health, and explaining to them why it won't happen. There're a lot of 3rd party apps that can do the job, but Fitbit just can't. Here're the reasons:
- Apple and Fitbit are competing for the #1 position in smart watch and wristbands, and rule #1: you don't cooperate with your #1 enemy

- Let's say Fitbit integrated with Apple Health, who would benefit more? A rising health startup with it's own data system, or the health platform owned by the top valued company in the world? Considering Fitbit's value is in the health data, while Apple's value is in the user experience, you can answer this.
- Since such an integration would benefit Apple much more than Fitbit, it's a natural choice for Fitbit to avoid it at any cost
- There're two potential events that can trigger the integration to happen in future: Fitbit being acquired by Apple, or, a much stronger competitor enters the market and Fitbit and Apple can start to make allies.

So what's the solution for the users? Go for Power Sync, a free app that does the syncing very well; or any other 3rd part apps that do the job. Remember, Fitbit can't do this for you, it's not the fault of any of its employees, it's just how competition works.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Hey Guys, I got to know that Fitbit is stoping the access of  it's data  to iOS applications is it true?

Please suggest because I am having some issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Power Sync doesn't seem to be a great way to sync Fitbit data to Apple Health. It just takes the total value and evenly distributes it across the full day in Apple Health.

The hilarious thing is, I have Google Fit on my iPhone, and there doesn't seem to be a way to sync Fitbit data to Google Fit also, although both are Google products.

Of course, if there are better ways for either of these issues, I am glad to stand corrected and continue as a Fitbit customer. Else, I guess soon I will have to return the newly bought Fitbit and switch to Apple watch.

Two and a half years later they still seem to have this issue. I just bought a new Fitbit with excitement. Within a day I am thinking of returning it and starting thinking about Apple Watch, because of the data sync issue.

Best Answer

I’m an ex-Fitbit owner. I left after realizing that Fitbit viewed our data as theirs and they were going control how and if we can access it. 

The photographer analogy does not work. Try this one on for size. A lab that does blood work. I had my blood work done on Monday. This morning my endocrinologist’s office sent a text that my blood work was complete. I can access that data through either the lab’s website/app or my doctor’s. Both of them allow HealthKit access. 

I was an original Fitbit owner, pre-ordered the first one they had. Upgraded to a Fitbit One. Bought a Fitbit for my husband. But I left because I want a certain level of access to my data. I also left because I didn’t like the tone of moderators responses in the forums. 

I still use devices to track my fitness. I have NOT gotten an Apple Watch yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this app but heart rate data won’t sync and neither will a few others I see in your screenshot 

A1D61BF0-B61C-4DE2-BFBB-71FADF72D171.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol, just synced for the first time after a six mile run. Now the fitness app on my iPhone thinks I ran 12. Doh!

Best Answer

Ya you have to go into your health app settings and tell iPhone to use your power sync data. From the summary tab in the health app you choose the activity then go all the way to the bottom and select data sources and access. Then you have to edit and move power sync to the top of the list. What’s interesting is that I did this a little while ago and when I just went in to take those screenshots power sync was back at the bottom. I’m wondering if the latest updates reset my settings on me. 

IMG_7272.jpeg

IMG_7273.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE on May of the year twenty twenty three  

Power Sync was last updated by the developer 2 YEARS AGO.  
The developer has abandoned the app apparently. I’m looking for a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes