Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not syncing since the iOS 11 update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone 

I have the problem my charge 2 didn’t sync with my iPhone 7 Plus since the iOS 11 update .. i try a lot of things but nothing chance .. i also try to connect my charge 2 again but now I can’t change my clock display .. how is it even possible ? I love my clock and tell all my friends that’s they need also an Fitbit,

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Word Choice.

Best Answer
141 REPLIES 141

Hello @xMuckelitax, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Are you still experiencing syncing issues with iOS11 and your Charge 2? Have you restarted your tracker and your phone lately? If so, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Log out from the Fitbit app, restart your phone and log back in. 
  • Enable All-day Sync by going to Account > Charge 2 > All-day Sync.
  • Set up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone:
    1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

Please remember that when changing the clock face on your Charge 2 a sync is necessary for the changes to take place. If your tracker is still unable to sync properly, please reply to me so I can check this further. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. Advice did not succeed. Sync still not working for anything other tha calorie count and step count

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Since when have you experienced this situation? Have you updated the OS on your phone and the Fitbit app lately? If so, please reply to me with a screenshot of what you're able to see in your Dashboard, indicating me where the issue is located so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

MargoGFitbit

Ahhhh I have experienced the same thing since updating my iPhone 7 to IOS 11. I have done the recommended fixes, however my phone and app are not picking up my Fitbit. Please help!

Best Answer

me too, but I think I have it working now following the first response to initial problem email.....but I lost all data prior to yesterday! Hopefully OK moving forward.....

I have Fitbit ONE

Best Answer

Same issue here. What works for me is start the sync, let it try for a few seconds, then turn off bluetooth for a few seconds, then turn bluetooth back on, and restart the sync. Works most of the time but clearly there is an issue here. Needs to be resolved ASAP. This is really annoying and frankly I am a little surprised it has taken so long to address this and clearly a few other big issues since the iOS update.

Best Answer

My charge 2 would not sync with my phone. I removed it from the app and my phone and now it cannot find it at all. I’ve tried setting it up as a new device but they just won’t connect. 

Best Answer

I'm also having the same problem after upgrade to iOS 11. Already did all the suggested steps.. still can't sync. Please help.

Zurina

Charge 2 user.  

Best Answer

me too.

Fitbit charge 2 is gone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge HR takes 5min or even gets stuck since iOS 11 compared to 15sec with iOS 10.3

any fix planned ?

Best Answer

I am having same problem with surge plus now I removed it from my phone and can’t put it back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If your tracker is unable to sync and you have removed it from your account I would like to suggest going to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is still showing up in the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 

Then, please follow these steps:

1. Restart your tracker once again.
  2. Restart your phone once again.
  3. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  4. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing process. 
  5. Try to set up your tracker as a new device once again:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    • If (or when) the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I’m having the same problem. Have tried everything suggested above & nothing works not even setting up my charge 2 as a new tracker just wont connect to Bluetooth. I’ve turned off other things connected and still doesn’t connect. I’ve even deleted Fitbit from Bluetooth list of things & now I can’t get it back. Please help as I love seeing everything I’ve achieved on the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 2 has now decided to connect to the Bluetooth & sync. Even though the app isn’t on my iPad & Bluetooth is turned off on my iPad I shut the whole lot down & suddenly it decided it would connect & sync again on my phone. Still working now I have turned iPad back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with the IOS11 update. My Charge 2 was a bday gift this week too. It syncs with my iPhone 6 for heart, walking, sleeping, and calls, but I can’t get any text msgs/alerts at all. I’m considering returning it.  😐

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to fix my problem by resetting the watch. I plugged it into the charger, then pressed the button 3 times to reset it. And then it went back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am have the same issue I have found it you sync it then when it stops come out the app close it completely down then restart the app before it works 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue . I haven't been able to sync since I upgraded to ios 11 my sync gets half way and stops

Best Answer

Ive updated the app and it’s still the same 

Best Answer
0 Votes