Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not syncing since the iOS 11 update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone 

I have the problem my charge 2 didn’t sync with my iPhone 7 Plus since the iOS 11 update .. i try a lot of things but nothing chance .. i also try to connect my charge 2 again but now I can’t change my clock display .. how is it even possible ? I love my clock and tell all my friends that’s they need also an Fitbit,

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Word Choice.

Best Answer
141 REPLIES 141

Having a similar issue on my iPhone 6. Shortest way to resolve it is log off the app, either manually or by fully closing it and then relogin. It will solve it for a short time. I haven’t found a full solution yet. All bit annoying really.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since 11.0 update my 6s constantly stops syncing with my Charger 2. I use all dat sync. I have to swipe the app out of memory which causes the app to log me out. When I log back in, it syncs but wipes out anything I logged in the app since the last sync. It’s getting worse. First it was every couple of days, then every morning and now it is almost every time I check the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a joke.  iOs11 and iPhone 6S and Charge HR do not match.

I have tried constantly resetting the tracker, logging in and out of the App, deleting the App and completely reinstalling it on the phone, turning notifications on turning notifications off, turning Bluetooth on, turning Bluetooth off, letting it go for 10 minutes...  nothing works.

I just bought my wife a Charge 2.  Currently she is on iOs10 and I will be telling her to not change until this is sorted out.

Come on Fitbit - how many people are simply throwing their trackers on the shelf because they suddenly stop working and there is no apparent fix and not a lot apart from suggestions to "reset" from Fitbit.

Very disappointed.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

oh  And I tried deleting the tracker and reinstalling.  Worked once and then that was it.  Refer another thread on this forum

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Charge-HR-syncing-slowly-on-iPhone-8-iOS-11/td-p/2223464

Solved?  Not likely.

Moderator Edit: Forrmat + Word choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app is completely useless to me now. I can't even pair my Fitbit with my phone anymore, nevermind syncing it! None of the fixes do anything but add to my frustration. The Windows app can find it but does that even have the same functionality?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Earlier today I posted that I haven’t had any issues for 3 days now. I was so excited because it appeared to be fixed. 

Tonight I can’t get my Blaze to sync no matter what I do. I have tried all my old tricks and nothing is working. 

I am really excited for Black Friday so I can invest in an Apple Watch. I almost got one last week but decided to wait for the sales. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep - I am the same,  Now the Charge HR will not even synch so I can reload any firmware/set it up from scratch again.

It shows a time about 7 hours out and I can't even get it to be recognised from an iPhone with ios11, another iPhone with ios10 (still) and my windows 10 laptop.  Windows 10 keeps telling me its already connected to another Fitbit device.  Uh, no it's not.

The only thing that it working is the HR and steps.  But these are useless if I can't download them and set the bloody time up each time I fly to different parts of Australia...

Moderator Edit: Format + Word Choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list of frustrated apple users. My Alta only syncs briefly when I completely restart my phone. It stops syncing immediately after which is so frustrating. Fitbit please fix this asap or I’ll find another tracker that works like it should. 

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps I have provided earlier, at this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can forward it to our team so they can check this further:

• iPhone/iPad model you're currently using.
  • OS version your mobile device is running
  • App version installed (go to Account > Help)

@Heygman, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi Marco

You will probably have noted or have been informed that there has been several hours of attempts to resurrect my tracker with assistance from the Fitbit team.  Unfortunately to no avail. Very frustrating.

However, after discussions with the Fitbit team, we have landed on a solution to my issue which is to my satisfaction. 

Thank you for your attention to my issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ummm... Houston, we have a problem.

My problem is more or less ditto for most of what I've read on this thread. My Charge, my wife's Flex...  no sync, no bluetooth recognition, delete the watch and try again and... can't find any trackers.

Really folks 1) it would help us all if you (fitbit tech support) admitted that there is a problem here.

2) Then, you could say that you are working on a solution.

3) THEN we might be more patient...

Because right now, it looks like you don't even understand that there is a problem, much less how to fix it.

Best Answer

Hello @Heygman, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm very glad you have come to a solution with our Support Team. It's great to have you on board @RockRN, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

@RockRN, please keep in mind that Fitbit tracker do not pair nor sync directly through the Bluetooth on your phone but through the Fitbit app. If you're having trouble syncing or setting up your tracker as a new device on your account I would like to suggest you to follow these steps:

• Restart your tracker
  • Restart your phone
  • Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices, if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing/setup process.
  • Open the Fitbit app and pull down the screen to start a sync. 
  • If you're having trouble setting up your tracker go to Account > Set up a New Device, select the tracker you'd like to set up and follow the onscreen instructions. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I bought a Fitbit Charge 2 only last week to overcome the problems described in my profile (apart from my age, obviously).

As with everyone else, my problems started when I installed iOS 11, last Thursday (I'd been putting it off because I'd noticed reports of instability problems on iPhone 6).

I am now on iOS 11.1.2 (iPhone 6 model MG4F2B/A) and Fitbit app 2.43 (730).

It appears that there is some unidentifiable activity that causes the connection between the Fitbit and the iPhone's GPS to disconnect. The only solution I have used to solve this, so far, is to uninstall/reinstall the Fitbit app in my iPhone just before I start my walks (walking probably being the only exercise that won't kill me, in my condition). I find this extremely irritating, not least because of the appalling internet connection I suffer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my third battery.  They know they have a problem.  This time i turned off all day sync and it seems to be working ok every time i go to the app it syncs

Best Answer
0 Votes

try this.  you will need a new battery because all day sync drains the battery and its too weak too sync.  With my 4th battery  ( yes it drained 3 in a few days about a day each)  I turned off all day sync.  And whenever i go to the app it syncs.  So far so good its been 3 days now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I will definitely try that. For what it's worth 'all day sync' doesn't seem to do much for me - perhaps I don't understand the feature. But your point is well taken, if it drains battery then I'll turn it off. I have to recharge more often than I would like, so this could help!  For now, I have an iPod that's on an older iOS version, so I transferred my Fitbit to the iPod and for now that's my solution. I will, however, turn of all day sync!

Best Answer
0 Votes

duh,  thank you,  i am such an idiot i can sync to my older ipad that cant update to IOS 11 anyway

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried restarting my charge 2.. restarting my iPhone 7.. turning Bluetooth off and then on again.. removing the device and adding it as new, all to no avail.  The charge screen shows ‘www.fitbit.com/setup over and over but never provides the synch code.  In the end I have to stop the process and delete the app.   My charge does however still Fitbit work perfectly well with my iPhone 6, which is still running iOS 10 and I daren’t risk updating it until I am convinced Fitbit can be made to work with iOS 11.  Any advice appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am actually OK with all day sync turned off
once i got it to work again
Best Answer
0 Votes

I spent a long time "chatting" with Fitbit about this. There seems to be an accepance of the problem but, so far, no fix.

I find myself having to delete/reinstall the Fitbit app from my iPhone 6 (iOS 11) each time I do an exercise (walking, in my case) for which I require GPS. Also, it seems you have to long press "Walk" - to start the exercise - fairly quickly after the reinstallation.

I would have preferred to stay with iOS 10, not only because of the Fitbit fault but also because of the mess Apple made with podcasts (I now use Castro). So, my advice would be to stick with iOS 10 until Fitbit releases a working update which, it seems, you can test on your iPhone 7.

Best Answer
0 Votes