Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not syncing since the iOS 11 update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone 

I have the problem my charge 2 didn’t sync with my iPhone 7 Plus since the iOS 11 update .. i try a lot of things but nothing chance .. i also try to connect my charge 2 again but now I can’t change my clock display .. how is it even possible ? I love my clock and tell all my friends that’s they need also an Fitbit,

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Word Choice.

Best Answer
141 REPLIES 141

Hello @Etaldy and @Gymgirl73, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to have you on board @MrsVT, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

@Etaldy and @Gymgirl73, I'm really glad that your issue has now been resolved, thanks for coming back and letting me know. 

@MrsVT, if your Charge 2 is syncing and you're able to receive only call notifications but not message or calendar ones, please try to reset Notifications on your phone following these steps;

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications and enable all of them once again. 

Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

NuNotificationSettings.jpg

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Thank you for good advice. It worked!!!!

Jolanta Rybak

Best Answer

Seems to have been resolved with latest update (2.41) of Fitbit App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m still having issues 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, it’s work.

Kitti.isuzu
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kitti.isuzu and @jolalew, I hope you're doing fine, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same problem and have followed all the instructions.  I have now deleted the device from the bluetooth device list .  Now it can't find the Charger 2 at all despite searching for it endlessly.  What to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had exactly the same problem & like you tried everything suggested. The only thing that worked for me was to completely shut down my iPad even though my Fitbit is connected to my phone & not iPad & I don’t even have Bluetooth turned on, on my iPad - strange but it worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for trying to help - I have done that as well - all ipads turned off but still can't find the Charger 2.  Data is still be collected on the charger - it just can't find it, either on the Mac or on the iphone in order for me to set it up again.  I have restarted everything, turned Bluetooth on and off, all several times now.  Am considering deleting the app all together and reinstalling it but don't think that will really help.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing same thing!! Can’t get it to sync no matter what I do!! Grrrrr

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not syncing since the the 11 OS update I have done everything!!! The charge 2 won’t sync 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried resetting and re-installing everything numerous times, and iOS 11 will not stay connected on my iPad. On my phone (which is OS 10.3.3) I can remain connected to the Fitbit Charge. Is Fitbit working on some sort of fix or patch.... After having this new Fitbit Charge for only a month..I am ready to leave it in a box on a shelf.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since upgrading to 11 on my iphone 6, I have tried everything that is suggested in this thread. Every time I try to sync, unless I restart the Charge the app can’t find it. I have the most recent version of everything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this mean I lose all my data for the week because I need to restart my tracker? I am doing very well this week.

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If your tracker is unable to sync and you have removed it from your account I would like to suggest going to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is still showing up in the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 

Then, please follow these steps:

1. Restart your tracker once again.
  2. Restart your phone once again.
  3. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  4. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing process. 
  5. Try to set up your tracker as a new device once again:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    • If (or when) the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try logging out and back into the app. I did same as you and this last bit appeared to do the trick !

It appears to be linked to an Apple authentication issue.

Hope it helps

Best Answer

Try logging out an back into the app. I dis same as you and this last bit appeared to do the trick !

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try logging out and back into the app. I did same as you and this last bit appeared to do the trick !

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do as advised and also

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try logging out before shutdown and back into the app after restart. I did same as you and this last bit appeared to do the trick !

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try the following

1. Disconnect / forget watch as bluetooth device
  2. Sign out of App
  3. Shut down iPhone/IPad
  4. Restart
  5. 5 Resynch device on bluetooth
  6. Log into app.
  7. Do synch (pull/swipe down dashboard screen and let go)
Best Answer