Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find Custom foods in the app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

I have went through and saved the nutritional value on all the recipes and foods I have planned for the week on my fitbit app under Custom Foods. However, when I go to search for them they don't show up. They are only under "recent' (because I just added them). However, I would like to know that I can find them when they are no longer "recent". Help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone, our team is aware of custom foods (and activities) not auto-populating and is currently investigating. For updates, please see this thread.

As a workaround on the iOS app you can pull the entry from your Custom food list as a workaround in the meantime. I know many of you have been doing this already, thanks for working with us and your reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
40 REPLIES 40

Hello @argogirl, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It's possible the list of custom foods is not updating correctly after you saved your custom foods, in which case I would like to ask you to try the following in the app:

• Force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone, then swipe up the app. Then open the app again. If this doesn't seem to work:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, in case this is still not working, please take a screenshot of your custom foods and one of your recent foods, then reply to me so I can check this further. 

Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to my few days ago. I can´t search in the food database for newly added foods. This problem occurred with me in all three platforms - iOS, Android and web dashboard. I add the new food, log it, but when I try to find it the same or the next day using the search function, there are no search results found for such food. In the custom foods, however, the particular food can be manually found (applicable for all three platforms). It seems like the new food can be added and logged into Fitbit database, but then, for some reason (probably a database or search engine bug), the searching engine is not able to find it (in neither of the three platforms). It is quite bothersome, mainly if you have more than 350 custom foods like me. Therefore, the issue is either not solved or recurring. Please fix it. Thanks! 

Best Answer

Hi there @Jothesearabbit welcome aboard and @MarkoP thank you for posting here. My apologies for the late response.

@Jothesearabbit glad to hear you were able to find the information you were looking for.

@MarkoP How it goes so far? Is the issue still persisting? It been a few days after your post so I would like to make sure how it goes this issue. I tried to replicate the scenario and I was able to find my custom food. So a few quick recommendations, make sure your food has been successfully saved on your Food section and the app is running in the latest version. For more details regarding the app version review the following article: What's changed in the latest release of the Fitbit app?

See you later and keep participating.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have added foods to my list and although the added foods appear on my food list, they do not populate when I search 'foods'.  In addition, I have tried to delete a food and it does not delete.  Thank you for your assistance.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

Hello @NYL, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this situation affecting Custom Foods to my attention. At this moment I would like to suggest you to update the Fitbit app if you haven't done it yet, then if your custom food is still not appearing when searching for it, make sure the food appears when you tap on the "custom" section in the food tile. If it appears here, it's possible the app is not updating the information correctly when you search for the food so I would like to suggest you the following:

• Force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone, then swipe up the app. If this doesn't seem to work:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Roberto, the problem, unfortunately, still persists.

This is description of the issue from the communication I exchanged with Fitbit support lately:

My post:

"I can´t search in the food database for the newly added foods, i.e. the food records I added from 6 April 2018. The custom foods records added prior to 6 April 2018 are not affected by this issue, it concerns only the food records added on or after 6 April 2018. This problem I am facing occurs in all three platforms - iOS, Android and the online web Dashboard. In order to ascertain what causes the issue I tried to add new food record in all three platforms, but there was the same result – no custom food found when trying to find the particular custom food using the searching engine built-in in any of the Fitbit platform. Therefore, all the issues with food logs and the food database searching failure described herein below applies to all three platform (iOS, Android, Online Dashboard).

And here is the description of the very issue:

After adding the custom new food into the food database it is not possible to find it therein when using the search function in the respective Fitbit application. Simply said, there are no search results found for such newly added custom food. However, if the custom foods section is manually searched (scrolled down), the particular custom food can be found there. Summarising the above issue - the new custom food can be added and logged into the Fitbit food database but then, however, for some reason (probably due to a database or searching engine bug), the searching engine is not able to find it therein. It is quite bothersome, mainly if you have more than 350 custom foods like me."

The answer I got from Fitbit support:

"Hi Marko,
Thanks for letting us know about this issue.
We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.
We're sorry for any inconvenience it's caused. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.
Please let us know if there's anything we may do to assist you in the meantime."

As you can see, Fitbit admits and recognises there is an issue and is trying to resolve it, though it takes quite long time already (almost a month).

Thanks for taking care of this issue!

Best Answer

I am having the same problem and it appears to be a FitBit system problem, as I am having the same problem on the FitBit website and my Android App.  Does not matter where you go, any new foods you add will not appear in a search, only older foods you added.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  I have entered the same food THREE TIMES NOW, and the app keeps on not searching for it or finding it.  Yet, when I pull down my custom foods list, it's there.  I've logged out of the app, turned off the Bluetooth in my iPod, shut off the iPod, turned it back on again, turned on the Bluetooth, logged back into the app, and it still doesn't work.  I've also tried restarting the Fitbit Charge 2, and that doesn't work either.  This is getting EXTREMELY frustrating.  I shouldn't have to enter a custom food more than once, and still not have the app find it.  Please advise.

Best Answer

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have done that multiple times as well as powering off my iPhone.  Neither has resolved the problem.  I appreciate your continued help to resolve this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot search the food database - nothing is coming up! It sometimes works and other times it doesn’t - incredibly frustrating when you are trying to track food.

this has been an ongoing issue since I first got a Fitbit over 2 years ago - PLEASE FIX!

the temperamental good database is a terrible part to an otherwise good app.

i have an IPhone 6 operation on the latest IOS, this issue has always occurred occured with 3 different phones - NOT something you expect when paying the amount we do for a fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the conversation. Thanks for taking the time to reply @NYL, I hope you're doing well. 

I appreciate you have tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this further:

• Phone/tablet you're currently using.
  • OS version your phone is running. 
  • App version currently installed in your mobile device (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

NYL uses iPhone 8: Version 11.3, however I prefer to log from my Macbook Air: MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4.  Thank you for continuing to resolve this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also encountered this problem several times. I am using the Android app with my Charge 2 but I usually log food on the website (Chrome browser, Windows 10) and it never appears in the search after I've added it. I've generally been able to go to the Edit My Foods area, click on the new food and choose Log this Food but sometimes the new food doesn't even appear on that list and I have to create it again before I can log it.

Best Answer

Hello @NYL, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply and provide me the information requested, I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

At this moment I will forward the information to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more information to share with you, I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for all your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience and understanding during this situation.  At this moment our team is currently aware of this issue and is working towards a prompt and proper solution for it. 

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you making any progress on this issue:  Custom foods not appearing in the search.  (I prefer to use my computer)

Best Answer

Hello @NYL, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you're still experiencing, at this moment I haven't receive an update about this issue but I'll make sure to update this thread once I have more to share about this issue. Please rest assured our team is working to provide a prompt and proper resolution. 

Thanks again for all your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The search in the app is still not finding the custom foods I've entered lately.  It's becoming extremely annoying.  I see the foods are in my custom list, but when I do a search, they do not show up.  I am constantly having to scroll and scroll and scroll through my custom list to select the foods I've eaten.  I am not sure what the reason is as to why the app cannot find the foods, I'm looking right at it on the list.  It's right there.  Is there any ETA on the fix for this problem?  I've done all the FitBit updates (and there have been some since this began) but it's not fixed.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Marelco, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and I understand your concern about this issue. Please note that our team is still working towards providing a prompt and proper resolution for this situation. As mentioned earlier, once I have more to share with you I'll make sure to update this thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes