Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to invite friends to a Challenge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ErrorError

When I attempt to start a weekend warrior challenge I get an error that my friends can't be loaded. I have logged out and logged back in, same issue! Anyone else have this problem?

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hello @Live2Travel13! Welcome to the Community.

I'd like to ask you some questions so that I can get a better understanding of what is going on:

• Are you currently on any other challenges?
  • How long does it take to 'load' the friend's list?
  • When did you start experiencing this situation?

Look forward to your reply so that I can find the best way to move forward.Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi @LanuzaFitbit - I was able to get my challenges working! Thanks for checking back with me!

Best Answer

Hello @Live2Travel13! That's fantastic news!

I'm so glad that the challenges are not working. Perhaps it was a one-time thing. 

If you have the time, you should definitely take a moment to check our Discussion boards. There you can find a lot of different topics to discuss with other members of the Forums.

Hope to see you around. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Currently having this problem. Cannot create challenges and unable to invite others to challenges I am still receiving. I also get the "unable to load friends at this time" screen three days now HELP @LanuzaFitbit @Live2Travel13 From @CindyLou0916

Best Answer
0 Votes

from @CindyLou0916 How did you fix this? Please help thanks  @Live2Travel13 @LanuzaFitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I had to delete my Fitbit device and re-add it. Also you can try deleting the Fitbit app and reinstalling. 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Reinstalling app doesnot fix, deleted device and re-added did not work @LanuzaFitbit @Live2Travel13 from @cindylou0916  tracker/app  now    NOT advancing day. Stuck on Sunday it is Monday

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @cindyousey!

What mobile device are you using? When did this start? 

Please let me know about the above so that I can determine what is happening.

Best Answer
Apparently I have too many friends so the FitBit app goes to the "Unable to load friends at this time" screen. Surely many FitBit users have more than 100 friends so I am surprised there are no additional recent posts about this. I can not invite friends when I create a challenge or when I attempt to invite others to an existing challenge.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @cindyousey!

Thanks for that update. After some further digging I can confirm that our team is aware of an issue where it will not load due to the amount of friends. Whenever we have anything to announce on the matter, we will be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am thrilled to inform the forum that the engineers contacted me last night to say the glitch is resolved. I have been able to invite friends to challenges both last night and again this morning! Thank you EVERYONE who responded to my "cry for help" and especially to the FitBit team who fixed the glitch! THANK YOU

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cindyousey Thanks for updating this thread, I'm happy you can enjoy the Challenges again!

A small percentage of users were unable to load friends on the iOS app, but the issue is currently resolved. Thanks for your patience, have a great Challenge!    

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issues with my FitBit Flex 2 regarding friends and the ability to invite them to challenges. Kindly assist...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did they fix the issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having trouble 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue is NOT fully resolved. My friends list that I can access via the community tab on the app is a complete list of all of my friends, However, when I go to invite others to a challenge, the friends list that populates there is an incomplete list. So it appears there is come glitch there between the two lists. I am able to invite friends just do not have access to my complete list of friends.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue. 24 hours now. Emailed support last night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

While highly frustrating, I am relieved to know that I am not the only one with this issue. I hope the engineers get on it and resolve it for once and for all! Thank you so much for letting me know, I do feel better knowing that I am not alone. Now if FitBit would JUST FIX IT

Best Answer
0 Votes