Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Alta HR with iPhone XR.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I need help I with connecting my Alta HR with my new phone. 

I have deleted the app from the old phone and I'm not able to connect New device.

I click on Set up a Device > select Alta HR > Setup > I agree with the terms and conditions > connect the device to computer /it is on and fully charged and the app started searching for the device without any success. 

I switched off/on the Bluetooth on the phone, restarted the app, restarted the phone, uninstalled and installed the app.

Nothing of the above helped! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @ahegoukian, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Please note that when switching phones, you don't need to remove the tracker from your account in order to set it up again, simply open the Fitbit app on your new phone and sync your device. With that said, it's possible your Alta HR still has a Bluetooth connection with your old phone, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your old phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.

After that, try to set up your Alta HR to your account again:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  4. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

the issue was that it was connected to the old phone, although I have deleted the app from it.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solved my issue thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes