Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used the wrong email when setting up my account.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up my email incorrectly and can't work out how to correct it

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SelinaK5, welcome to the Community! It's nice to see you around too @SteveH and @Daniel-R Smiley Happy

@SelinaK5, as @SteveH mentioned, you can change the email address associated to your Fitbit account by logging in to your Personal Settings (with the email address currently registered) on the Fitbit website. Under your Name and picture you'll be able to type your new email address. Then scroll down and click on Submit. Then you'll be able to verify the new email address. 

@Daniel-R, at this moment this process can only be done through the Fitbit website and not from the Fitbit app.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

If you go to your profile settings at https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit , near the top you'll see a link to change your email

Best Answer

that does not work in the iPhone only your profile on the website what about the app is on the iPhone ?

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know about the iOS app. Do you not have access to the web site at all?

Best Answer

Hello @SelinaK5, welcome to the Community! It's nice to see you around too @SteveH and @Daniel-R Smiley Happy

@SelinaK5, as @SteveH mentioned, you can change the email address associated to your Fitbit account by logging in to your Personal Settings (with the email address currently registered) on the Fitbit website. Under your Name and picture you'll be able to type your new email address. Then scroll down and click on Submit. Then you'll be able to verify the new email address. 

@Daniel-R, at this moment this process can only be done through the Fitbit website and not from the Fitbit app.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Wish this worked... I’ve been waiting on a verification email from my app only to realize that its misspelled, there really needs to be a way to change you email in the app.

Best Answer

Surely you have access to a web browser. It only takes a minute to change the email.

Best Answer

But when I try to access this the message says that the email address is already in use- probably because I accessed Fitbit via Facebook-so how can I correct the email address.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you need customer support to sort that out: contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

I I used wrong email setting up Fitbit account it should be a different one.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go to your profile settings at https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit , near the top you'll see a link to change your email

I would also edit your post to remove your email address. It may not be wise to share that in a public forum like this.

Best Answer

Hello @dmcleod1940, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @SteveH, thanks for all your help. 

@dmcleod1940, as @SteveH mentioned, please log in to the online Dashboard with the email and password combination you currently have, then go to your Personal Settings, under your Name and picture you'll be able to type your new email address. Then scroll down and click on Submit. Then you'll be able to verify the new email address. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know, I'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
Don’t know how to log on to Online Dashboard ! Can I help. Me ? Thx

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are not logged in when you go to www.fitbit.com then you'll be taken to the main fitbit site. At the top right of the screen you should see a "log in" option next to the store icon. Click the "log in" and enter current email (the one you want to change) and your password. You should then be able to use the link to the settings provided earlier. 

Best Answer

Hello @dmcleod1940, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate your help @SteveH, it's always nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

@dmcleod1940, were you able to log in to the online Dashboard through www.fitbit.com? If not, please reply to me so I can help you further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can be of assistance, please let me know!

Best Answer
Do I put it in email or text msg or Safari I am new at this stuff thx

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You do this via safari which is the web browser on iphones. It's where you are when you are reading this.

Near the top of the screen is a place to enter the web address you want to go to. At the moment this will say something like "https://community.fitbit.com....." This is where you type in www.fitbit.com and then follow the instructions above.

Best Answer

Hello @dmcleod1940, I hope you're doing well, it's great to see you around. It's nice to see you too @SteveH, thanks for all your help. 

@dmcleod1940, I appreciate you have come back, as @SteveH mentioned, you can type www.fitbit.com in the address bar on your browser (Safari, Chrome or Edge) or you can click on this link: Fitbit Personal Settings. 

Once you click on the link you will be redirected to a page where you have to type in your current email and password:.

Settings1.PNG

After you log in, you will be able to see the following page:

Settings2.PNG

In here, click on "Change Email Address" for this pop-up to appear:

Settings3.PNG

Type in your new email address, confirm it and type your current password, then click on Change. This will change the email address on your account. Please remember that an email will be sent to your new email address so you can verify it. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so very much you helped me a lot and I appreciate it very much ! Doreen1940

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dmcleod1940, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply; you're very welcome! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let me know my instructions have helped you, I'm very glad! In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes