Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite not updating or syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit versa lite is not getting updated after iOS 13 update ... tried everything nothing is working .... don’t know how this will resolve 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

The steps you listed, MegaBite, worked for me.

My Fitbit Versa Lite stopped syncing last night during the wee hours. Today I tried all sorts of magic incantations, but this evening stumbled across the support forum (where I should have gone first!)

I logged out of the Fitbit app, uninstalled it, then turned off my iPhone.  Then I waited about 1.5 minutes, restarted the phone.  After the phone restarted, even before I reloaded the Fitbit app, my Fitbit Versa Lite buzzed with a calendar notification.  I installed the Fitbit application and logged in - and was happy to see my data syncing again.

Oftentimes people just gripe in support forums, so I wanted to give some positive feedback - your steps were simple and achieved the solution - thank you for getting me back up and running! (figuratively, not literally - yet!)

Best Answer

You’re quite welcome @BillybobM! I’m happy my troubleshooting steps helped. Happy Stepping!! 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have gone through all of these instructions but I am still getting the message X Data not cleared Sync and try again? 

Can you help please.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there
I didn't either so I returned my Fitbit to the providers for a free replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh thank you Jeaniuz.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried it all and nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh how frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi wondering can you help I bought my versa lite second hand and was factory reset and I can’t seem to get it updated as it just been stuck 3/4 way through and won’t move any further I’ve tried everything that’s been online and been on chat alough it got cut off and couldn’t get it back on again help I’m ready to throw it out the window lol 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi sorry I wish i can give u some helpful advice but mine didn't work either so i returned it to the Fitbit co and am still waiting for the replacement that they promised me since before Xmas.
I am looking to purchase a Samsung one. Fitbit help motivates me so i feel very lazy without it. good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the process but the update is still failing.  Note this an UPDATE, not a sync.

I've been using this Versa Lite for 3 months without issue.  It is paired with an iPhone XR running 13.3.1.

Yesterday the Fitbit reset (start screen telling me to load the app and pair).  The app tells me that an update is available and will not let me use the device.  I tap update and the app says Updating...  The Bitfit  has the twinkling star a battery indicator (fully charged) and a progress bar.  But it never changes.

If I try to config it in the app it either tells me that an update is in progress or that there was an error connecting to the Versa Lite.  In BT settings it shows as Connected.  THe battery indicator in the app reflects the battery level changes, so I know they are talking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whatever this is UPDATE you guys pushed me bricked my watch.  Are you really doing to make me put that stupid apple watch back on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mega, I tried all below things but it just sticks at updating and then Red Cross symbol that it’s not updated from last one week

Best Answer

I was having issuing updating too, but got it to work! It was updating through WiFi and Bluetooth on my phone and it wasn’t working after 16 hours of it canceling and trying again. I plugged it up to my computer and had my Fitbit, iPhone, and laptop all connected on Bluetooth and WiFi. I downloaded the Fitbit app on my computer and logged in. I deleted the Fitbit on my account and restarted my Fitbit. I then added the bit it back to my account on the computer and updated it. I put my laptop, iPhone, and Fitbit beside the WiFi router and nobody else was on the WiFi. It finally updated after 1.5 hours and now it’s working properly 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of these ideas more than once and no success. Should also remove the app from my iPad and reinstall. The Versa is syncing just fine with the iPad Air. 
My iPhone can’t find the versa in Bluetooth either. 
I have had another problem as well. Since I switched from iPhone 7 to xr the watch doesn’t vibrate for texts or calls. 
I have wasted lots of hours troubleshooting bugs with this watch! Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Q: What's the difference between a Fitbit Versa Lite and a trampoline?

A: You take your shoes off when you jump on a trampoline.

Best Answer
It updated thank you

Daniel
Best Answer
0 Votes
So what do we do?

This email message (including its attachments) is confidential and may contain privileged information and is intended solely for the use of the individual and/or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail you may not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail (including its attachments), or any part thereof. If this e-mail is received in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and make sure that this e-mail (including its attachments), and all copies thereof, are immediately deleted from your system. Please further note that when you communicate with us via email or visit our website we process your personal data. See our privacy policy for more information about how we process it: https://www.volvogroup.com/en-en/privacy.html
Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you

After hours of removing and reinstalling the fitbit app starting and stopping the Versa and other time wasting tricks, this trick worked for me.

I was about ready to through out the device and go to the dark side and buy an Apple watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What trick did you use?

This email message (including its attachments) is confidential and may contain privileged information and is intended solely for the use of the individual and/or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail you may not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail (including its attachments), or any part thereof. If this e-mail is received in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and make sure that this e-mail (including its attachments), and all copies thereof, are immediately deleted from your system. Please further note that when you communicate with us via email or visit our website we process your personal data. See our privacy policy for more information about how we process it: https://www.volvogroup.com/en-en/privacy.html
Best Answer
0 Votes