Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa update is taking too long

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am updating my new Versa for the first time and it says it's going to take 1300+ mins till complete. Is this normal? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

Mine too at 7 am today 2/10 still not done.  I'm sending back versa lite.  This is totally not good for fitbit.  I'm just 1 customer going to a different tracker.   I'm sure just loosing 1 customer is ok with fitbit.

Oh well!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not help.  I tried even restarting my modem.  Waste of precious time waiting on an update.  Versa lite is packed and going back today..... cant wait to be rid of it.

Best Answer

my  Versa keep to update and restart, it like a loop and already 2 days.

any method can help to stop it.

Just show the correct time is enough, no need any function

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing is working for me I’ve tried data wifi resetting and nothing works still help 😫

Best Answer

All due respect, but I just updated my laptop from Window 8.0 to Windows 10 off the same wifi, same router, and completed all updates in LESS time than the Versa update...thought you should know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From what I'm seeing its the "Status" of the update on the watch itself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like the Fitbit Versa series has had horrible problems with updates since the very beginning. I have a new Versa 2 that is stuck on old firmware with no way to update. 

Best Answer

Same here.  Teal page only shows on 3/4 of the face with the white diamond pattern and it does nothing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  Just got a new versa 2 but having trouble updating it.  Its failed twice so far - trying to update using pixel 3 over wifi.  Tried bluetooth also but was taking forever.

3rd times a charm???   How did they stuff this up so bad.  I didn't see a flood of bad reviews for fitbit versa 2 when I was researching,  but this is a terrible start...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Failed again. just going to have to use the watch without updating. Hopefully there was nothing important in the update.

Pretty unimpressed.  Won't be recommending this brand to anyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still taking forever as I left overnight to complete and iPhone timed out.  Not a well designed process.  I have to babysit the process taking 3-4 hours

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, i had troubled with updating the fitbit versa 1. It takes a day to reach half of it. It will be another a day to complete the update i guess..can help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm presently also updating my Versa2.  It says 'hold tight, can take longer than 20 minutes.' 

Well, it's been over an hour, and the marching 'blue' screen on the watch is now only 50% of the way there.

Seems like junky tech if it's that slow. I'm suddenly back in 1997.

I'd thought about a next gen versa or something new by fitbit after this versa has outlived itself, but now thinking Garmin.

This is too long. I'm scared to stop the process, so I'm now wasting my Saturday afternoon. Lol?

Best Answer
0 Votes