Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 10 update and steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
So I updated to the newest iOS 10 and now my steps are not syncing to Fitbit. Any ideas how to fix this problem?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
@Meshak, I found this note from someone having the same kind of problems your having. I know you have done a lot of trouble shooting you might see something from the note that you haven't tried. I'm not sure but it may have been a Bluetooth problem. Sorry for all the frustration your going through. Don't give up, someone may have the answer just have to keep looking.
Here's the note

For clarification:
I have an iPhone 6S+.
I upgraded to iOS 10 a few days ago.
I tried everything, nothing worked.
I then found the FitBit app update this afternoon in the App Store, updated it.
After realized it still crashed repeatedly, I did the "forget this device" on my Bluetooth.
Then I deleted the app again.
I downloaded the app in the App Store again.
I opened the app and saw that it was still not syncing but no longer crashed.
I opened the FitBit app and went to "account."
I touched "Set Up a Device" and followed all the directions.
It took a while for the connection.
Then my phone asked me to pair my FitBit with the Bluetooth.
NOW it all works. Hallelujah!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Same isssue on my iphone 6s. I see there was just an update to the Fitbit app to version 2.27 yesterday 9/16. Hope they fix it quick.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@ctwider, I have a note for you that may help. This came for someone that was having problems with their iPhone crashing. You may want to give it a try.

For clarification:
I have an iPhone 6S+.
I upgraded to iOS 10 a few days ago.
I tried everything, nothing worked.
I then found the FitBit app update this afternoon in the App Store, updated it.
After realized it still crashed repeatedly, I did the "forget this device" on my Bluetooth.
Then I deleted the app again.
I downloaded the app in the App Store again.
I opened the app and saw that it was still not syncing but no longer crashed.
I opened the FitBit app and went to "account."
I touched "Set Up a Device" and followed all the directions.
It took a while for the connection.
Then my phone asked me to pair my FitBit with the Bluetooth.
NOW it all works. Hallelujah!
Best Answer
@ agingersjourney, what version is your Fitbit app? For iOS 10 you should have Fitbit versions 2.27.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, yes I have the Fitbit app updated to the latest 2.27(587) update. Still not working.

Stacy Hull
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response, it finally worked! Just when I thought it was hung.

I got down to 'Set up a device' in account.

It said there was already a Charge HR connected to the account, but I could set up a new one which I did,

It said 'enter the number you see on your Charge HR'.

There was a 4 digit number on my HR so it was communicating, good sign.

I entered that number on the Fitbit app on my iphone 6s; it showed 'connecting to fitbit' and the spinning dial. I was a very long butime before it connected. I waited 10 minutes and was about to give up when it finally connected!!!

Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@AGingersJourney, you might want to check your stride length. Login to your Fitbit account. Click on account tab look for advance setting and click on it, look for stride length and click on it. Check to see what is configured. When you set up your profile Fitbit automatically set your stride. Set automatically usually is set to on (green highlight is on) gray highlight is off. Hopefully it's not off and set to zero If you know your stride length you can manually set it, when set automatically is turned off, tap on walking and enter your stride length you can do the same for running. If you don't know your stride length here's how to calculate your stride length.

To measure your walking stride length:
Go to a track or some place where you're sure of the distance.
Count your steps as you walk across that distance, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
Divide the total distance (in feet) taken by the number of steps to get your stride length.
Your running stride can be calculated the same way if you run instead of walk. Example if your total distance was 75ft divide it by 3=25, your stride length would be 25. Say did you update your Fitbit app before or after you updated your iOS, if you updated before iOS you might want to delete and reinstall your Fitbit app. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you I was having the same issue after updating no steps! On my iphone6 plus or the dashboard online. Pairing the device was the trick. I had already deleted and readded the the app no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@cgoode05, how did you get your phone to pair with your Fitbit. Did you upgrade your iOS to version 10 before you upgraded your Fitbit app? Or did you upgrade your Fitbit app first before upgrading your iOS? Would you mind adding some notes to how you paired your phone with Fitbit. Just trying to help anyone who is experiencing the same problem. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I updgraded to ios 10 with no problem. I then updated the fitbit app and realized later in the day my steps were not showing. I checked to see if I had accidently deleted the panel but it was not an option. I came to the computer verison and my steps where missing here as well with no option to add. I read the discussion above and decided to pair my device again. It was not showing as connected. After I repaired it my steps panel came back on both the phone and pc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
@cgoode05, thanks. iOS 10 and Fitbit version 2.26 to 2.27 are giving everyone a run for frustration.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Check out my post, look at my heart rate.

http://i.imgur.com/9hl4ZOC.jpg
Best Answer
0 Votes
How is this related to what the OP is talking about?
Best Answer
0 Votes
@nbraunstien, I haven't fully checked the graph for heart when using my Fitbit app. I'm sorry I'm not much help for your heart rate graph. I'm also not sure what OP is. What post are you referring to.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@nbraunstien, just checked your heart rate graph, I noticed that just before midnight your graph started at 78 bpm and at 11:10 it was 66 bpm but shortly after midnight your graph is not recorded. I would delete your device from your Fitbit app and reinstall it. Are you using iPhone with iOS 10 ? Also what version is your Fitbit app? If it's 2.26 you will need to update to version 2.27 to operate with iOS 10
Best Answer
  1. Facing problems when I updated to IOS 10
  2. My fitbit HR is even not connecting with my 6S, Really very disappointed regarding these issue, Because almost 20 days I didn't use my Fitbit HR 
  3. Please fix this ASAP.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Meshak, see post for September 17. It may help.
Best Answer

@Aclobos Thanks for your Support. Yes I tried that too. Unfortunately its not connecting

one time I received the 4 digit passcode and I entered and waited aroundly 30 minutes But its automatically crashed again.

What to do.

If they fix this issue kindly inform me somone from here, because I don't want to be stress

Now I deleted the FITBIT app and try to be happy!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Meshak, I would call customer support they should be able to answer some questions about why your experiencing so many problems. They may walk you through doing a factory reset. Good luck
Best Answer

Hi Everyone, I'm sorry to hear some of you were experiencing issues with the new version of iOS 10 and the Fitbit app. Also I would like to give a warm welcome to the newcomers as @AGingersJourney@cgoode05 and @Meshak.

I see all of you have received great help and suggestions from @Aclobos. I appreciate your participation in our Community. Robot wink

Also thank you @Ctwilder@cgoode05 for sharing with us that the issue was resolved.

@Meshak@nbraunstein and @AGingersJourney I wonder how it goes for you? Recently was released a newer version of the Fitbit app, which continue addressing the stability of the app on iOS. This version was released on Sept 23rd and is the version: 2.27.1. So if you haven't try it, Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

Just as an additional note, I do not recommend to delete the app from your mobile devices, since this may caused you lost your information. Is not commont but there is a small chance.

I'll be around if you need more information, see you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes