Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 10 update and steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
So I updated to the newest iOS 10 and now my steps are not syncing to Fitbit. Any ideas how to fix this problem?
Best Answer
0 Votes
42 REPLIES 42
@RobertoME, say have you heard or seen any documentation for iOS 10 users on all problems and corrections? Is there anyway Fitbit could add a list of problems and how they we're corrected to their website? I've notice a lot of us get good information on how to try different techniques on trouble shooting but for some reason it doesn't work for everyone. Some of us have not jumped to iOS 10. Fitbit recommend having the latest iOS but there is no guidance on how to upgrade. If someone is still on iOS 9 can they upgrade to 2.27 with out experiencing any problems? And if you have 2.27 installed can you upgrade your iOS to 10 with out any problems? So is it better to download from the Apple Store vs downloading from the Fitbit app? I think it would be nice if Fitbit could post a list of known problems and corrections for each device, like a trouble shooting guide (like the one you get when you buy a major appliance). I'm sure you'll be receiving a lot of questions. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME Thanks for your presence.

I am using the latest version 2.27.1 Fitbit app which is released on 23/SEP/2016 even I faced problem to connect

I can't get the passcode on my fitbit while using this version

I tried more times by different manners but I couldn't.

Finaly one time I received the passcode on my fitbit & I enterd to the app but no use its crashed after 30 mins

Really I don't know what I have to do?

At present I'm connecting my fitbit Charge HR with my Laptop.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Meshak, just thinking about your hr problems. Have you checked your Bluetooth connection? Sometimes when you have to many devices running simultaneously on your iPhone it may cause your tracker to drop out or not sync. Have you contacted customer support? just wondering if they helped you out.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Meshak, I found this note from someone having the same kind of problems your having. I know you have done a lot of trouble shooting you might see something from the note that you haven't tried. I'm not sure but it may have been a Bluetooth problem. Sorry for all the frustration your going through. Don't give up, someone may have the answer just have to keep looking.
Here's the note

For clarification:
I have an iPhone 6S+.
I upgraded to iOS 10 a few days ago.
I tried everything, nothing worked.
I then found the FitBit app update this afternoon in the App Store, updated it.
After realized it still crashed repeatedly, I did the "forget this device" on my Bluetooth.
Then I deleted the app again.
I downloaded the app in the App Store again.
I opened the app and saw that it was still not syncing but no longer crashed.
I opened the FitBit app and went to "account."
I touched "Set Up a Device" and followed all the directions.
It took a while for the connection.
Then my phone asked me to pair my FitBit with the Bluetooth.
NOW it all works. Hallelujah!
Best Answer
@Meshak, you can forget my last post to you, I forgot that you have already had seen it and tried it. Sorry about that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aclobos No problems,

Thank you so much for your support

I will contact the customer support & then come back to you !

Apreciated If you find any link to contact them 

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Meshak, from your pc login to your Fitbit app, click on your account tab and go to help. Once there you we see contact customer support, you can contact them by Twitter-email or call. I would call this way you can talk to a technical person for me using email takes to long to get a response. I don't use Twitter. You can contact them Monday-Friday 4am-6pm, Saturday-Sunday 6am-9pm (pacific time) Here's their number 877-623-4997.
Best Answer

Hi there @Aclobos and @Meshak. Sorry I haven't post anything related to your questions recently.

@Aclobos, There is documentation available, although is not specifically for iOS 10, but for iOS in general and other devices that address different issues along with the proper troubleshooting steps; this is in common scenarios, alas for iOS 10, there are a few things that caused a glitch that we could not foreseen. So this is a unique case but for the most common issues you can find all this information in our Help Article.

For guidance on how to upgrade in the same link you will find all the pertinent information to update the app: How do I update the Fitbit app for iOS to a newer version? Although the way to update the app, does not change from a regular app. For your other question, yes, is possible to update the app even if you are running the iOS version 9. In case the device does not take the update it will let you know is require a higher version of OS. But this is most common in old devices that the OS is not longer supported. Additional to this is best to have the OS and the app to the latest versions for better performance. 

To update the app, it will be always through the App store, only firmware updates of the tracker are installed through the Fitbit app.

@Meshak in your case, if you have tried everything, I couldn't recommend a better thing from what @Aclobos already did. The best here is to contact our Support Team. I'm confident they will be able to review your device history with you and recommend the next step. Don't forget to mention what you have done so far so the can assist you better.

For more questions,  you can find me here. Stay awesome fellows.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@Aclobos @RobertoME

Thank you so much guys

Finally I got solution from Aclobos which he suggested me before.

It is my second time doing same thing But I got the solution this time.

You have to DO!

1. "forget this device" on Bluetooth setting (Most important )

2. Download the Fitbit 2.27.1

3. Follow the instructions.

That'ts it!

Thank you once again to @Aclobos

NOW it all works

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Meshak, glad you are back on line. Thanks for not giving up. I read about so many people giving up on trying to figure out why their tracker quite syncing. Most folks say they are done with Fitbit and they are going to a different tracker.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If your warranty isn't expired, call fitbit and they will replace it for you for free, no shipping charge.

I haven't recieved my tracker yet but I'll post if the syncing improves!

Best Answer

@Aclobos My app had been crashing constantly, I tried this and now it's perfect!! Thank you!

Best Answer
@mj14, your welcome glad to hear your back up and running.
Best Answer

Hello @Meshak, I hope you're doing well. Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Mjl14Smiley Happy

I'm very glad to hear @Aclobos's helpful tips were useful, I thank you both of you for the update. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Feel free to reply in case you need anything else, happy stepping!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
@MarcoGFitbit, thanks I have never seen this site. Lots of good resources.
Best Answer

I just updated to IOS 10 on my first edition IPad Air.   My Fitbit CHarge HR will not connect.  It won'tvpair on the Bluetooth.  I tried to reboot the Fitbit but when I plug it and hold in it no longer gives me a version number but rather the green lights at the back flash and the face of the Fitbit goes black,

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Milena1, found this note from Fitbit website about iPad syncing problems.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1623

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Milena1, you may have already seen this  article on how to reset chargeHR. If this doesn't work I would contact customer support.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186?q=Reset+chargeHR&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Milena1, welcome to the Fitbit Community!. Smiley Happy

I noticed @Aclobos has provided you some links with very helpful instructions. Adding to the information provided, Fitbit trackers pair only through the Fitbit app, not the Bluetooth settings on your iPad. In this case I would like to recommend the following:

1. Restart your Charge HR once again and keep it plugged in.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth on your iOS device for 15 seconds and turn it back in.
  4. Try to pair your Charge HR as a new device:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    • When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

Give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I updated my iOS to 10 on iPhone 6s. I tried every possible step mentioned in this blog.

I updated the app version to latest from app store.

I forgot the network in bluetooth settings.

Restarted the iphone many times.

Tried deleting the fitbit surge from account, but app keeps crashing and I couldn't reach that step.

It's really annoying to see this happening. My fitbit shows wrong date and time, and no data is being synced between iPhone and the fitbit.

I already spent good half an hour trying to fix it, don't want to spend another couple of hours debugging the issue. Please send me the updated instructions or nearby fitbit store where they could fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes