Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 11 update not receiving notifications on tracker

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am no longer receiving notifications at all on my blaze tracker. I have checked everything possible! Is there anyone else having this problem and if so what is the fix if any?

Moderator edit: Title for Clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
@Wecarlson78, @Adayum, @Bones4JC Thank you for the feedback, we are currently monitoring the situation.

As @bausi2k mentions, iOS 11 is still a beta product.  We do not officially support any unreleased operating systems. If there are any updates, I'll post in this thread. Thanks! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

yep same for me, but don't forget, you are using beta software 🙂

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my Alta. Would love to know how this problem is going to be resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also am having that problem and I've been going back and forth with Fitbit support and still no fix... Must be something with iOS 11. 

On iOS 11 beta 2, iPhone 7 plus

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Wecarlson78, @Adayum, @Bones4JC Thank you for the feedback, we are currently monitoring the situation.

As @bausi2k mentions, iOS 11 is still a beta product.  We do not officially support any unreleased operating systems. If there are any updates, I'll post in this thread. Thanks! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Same for my charge 2 really frustrating!

Best Answer

I made the same post an hour ago and just found yours. What is odd is that I upgraded and was fine for about 5 hours, receiving all notifications. Then, from one minute to the next, no notifications other than calls. Nothing changed in my settings. Did anyone else have any luck after upgrading or was it an instant stop for everyone after the upgrade?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed mine. I had the same issue where I upgraded to ios11, it worked for a few days but suddenly stopped. This is how I fixed it:

-Open the app and delete the Fitbit device. 

-Delete the Fitbit app

-Remove the Fitbit from Bluetooth under settings

-restart the iPhone 

-install the Fitbit app

-add the Fitbit device through the app

-done. It started working. 

Best Answer
Did you lose any data when you did this?

Lindsey
Best Answer
0 Votes
None. Fitbit is cloud based and all the data is retained. Just remember to sync your device before deleting it.
Best Answer

Did it wrong immediately after? I tried and is not working still. Or is there a step you have to do that’s not listed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It worked immediately afterwards. Maybe try restarting your fit bit when you restart your phone. This is done by putting it on charge and holding down the button for about 10 seconds. You know it’s restarting when you se the firmware version display on the screen.
Also check the app has notifications on and your Fitbit. Try updating settings on the Fitbit like the clock face to ensure settings are transferred.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you fix it on the blaze? Because mine didn't fix either

Best Answer
0 Votes
I own a charge 2, so your are right, this could make a difference.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Its a hit & miss with my brand new Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so very much. It worked. I am a happy walker again.

Blessed and Highly Favored 👣
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you all around. Smiley Happy

As expected with beta operating systems, it's possible you experience issues with one or more apps or functions on  your phone. I would like to thank you all of you that have reported this situation and @Torok762 for his troubleshooting

As @KateFitbit mentioned, once we have updates regarding iOS 11 we'll make sure to let you know. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

@TwistMyMind wrote:

Its a hit & miss with my brand new Blaze.

There was a new iOS 11 Beta released to developers yesterday. My notifications are working fine so far since I've installed it. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue, waiting for the fix. Glad I'm not the only one, this has been frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Valociraptor, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's nice to see you around @TwistMyMindSmiley Happy

Thanks for the update @TwistMyMind, I appreciate it.

@Valociraptor, thanks for reporting this as well, a@KateFitbit mentioned earlier, once we have updates regarding iOS 11 we'll make sure to let you know. In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes