Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app crash 3.6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/17/2019: We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue. 

Hi Everyone - I've merged several posts together. 

We're aware of an issue that may cause some iOS users to experience a continuous crash when trying to open the app after updating to version 3.6.

To resolve this, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app from the app store. Even if you have tried this previously, please try again. 

If this does not work, our team is working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
532 REPLIES 532

Ugh 😑 

Best Answer

Same here, the app has been flakey for a wile already crashing every few times it’s opened but now it won’t even stay open for more than 2 seconds before it crashes! Great quality control!

Best Answer

Exact same issue. Updated iPhone 7 Plus to iOS 12.4.1 today. Fitbit App crashes immediately.

I have:

Restarted iPhone

Updated Fitbit App

Deleted and reinstalled App

Same issue ... now it crashes once you try to log in.

It accepts your username and password but then crashes immediately during the ‘Upgrading Database ...’ message.

Help! I have no Fitbit ... I can’t take another step until it works again ... I mean what’s the point!?

Best Answer

I have the same problem with iPhone X. I can’t finish the setup of my new versa 2 because the app keeps crashing 

Best Answer

Same issue here

Best Answer

Yes, I have the same before the update. So I updated the app, hoped it would make a difference but it doesn't. When I open the app, it crashes almost immediately. I deleted the app, reinstalled it, doesn't work either..

I have an iPhone 6se.

Best Answer

I have just had a Fitbit update for my iphone SE and now it will not open at all

The update Fitbit version is 3.6

I'm running ios 12.4.1

I have done hard reboot of my iphone, tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and it still will not open

It worked perfect before the update

Best Answer

Point taken @Psnorman2

but my comment was not addressed to you 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

🤣 But your right what’s the point!! Update needs to happen within 7 days or you lose your steps, sleep etc... Mine stopped working 400 steps, 4 hours ago! And I’ve given myself a headache googling! 

Best Answer

When I press the Fitbit app it goes on for one second then goes off back to my home screen. I have an iPhone x

i have turned my phone on and off and uninstalled and reinstalled the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also trying to set up my new Versa 2, but the app keeps crashing

Best Answer

I’ve been having the same problem as well with my iPhone SE so I called Fitbit. They tried to pin it on me saying that my phone wasn’t up to date, I need to restart my phone, etc. but after I convinced them that everything is up to date and I’ve already tried troubleshooting the issue they told me that this is a known issue with all Apple devices right now and they don’t know when it will be fixed. My app was working fine with my Charge 2 and didn’t start having this problem until I tried to set up my new Versa 2. 

Best Answer

I just got the Fitbit Versa 2. After app registration app won’t stay open. It closes immediately. Ready to return. 

Best Answer

I have the same exact problem!!!

Best Answer

I am also having this problem. Can’t setup my new fit it due to this and I am tempted to take it back and get something else. This is a bad first impression.

Best Answer

App updated today, not related to setting up a new device. Lack of testing which is the current trend as they can just push out a new update when they correct it. 

Best Answer

@Paella1411 

I’m sorry your experiencing problems. I really am and I hope that Fitbit resolves this quickly. I don’t work for Fitbit and I’m just a customer like thousands of others here. My only point in my comment to the council above was to give her “my experiences” because part of the solution is to find what works and also find out what doesn’t work. The more info they have the better they can narrow down the problem. 

Best Answer

Snap, exactly the same for me!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto, just coming to report the same thing.
iOS 12.4.1, iPhone 7.
Fitbit just updated and now the app won't open, just keeps crashing.

Best Answer

I purchased mine today. I have the exact same problem, have re installed the app on my phone but no matter what I do I can’t get pass the log in screen without it closing on me. This is the first time I have tried out a fit bit as I have always used apple watch. So far I am not impressed, also ready to return this sadly. 

Best Answer