Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app crash 3.6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/17/2019: We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue. 

Hi Everyone - I've merged several posts together. 

We're aware of an issue that may cause some iOS users to experience a continuous crash when trying to open the app after updating to version 3.6.

To resolve this, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app from the app store. Even if you have tried this previously, please try again. 

If this does not work, our team is working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
532 REPLIES 532

Having the same problem- running the latest iOS (updated last night) and my app updated a few hours ago. Since the app updated it will not open. I deleted and reloaded the app, which initially allowed me to log in and sync, and now will not open again. I get a white screen for a second and then it minimizes back to my home screen. Double clicking the home button shows the app is technically “open” but it each effort to display it minimizes it again. 

Best Answer

The issue as far as I can tell is iOS 12.4.1 - it’s obviously buggered the fitbit app (technical term). I’m hoping my description will help them pinpoint the issue and create the necessary patch. In the meantime there will be a lot of people refusing to stand up or walk, run anywhere. Until I can prove my steps - I’m going to lie on this couch and watch, ‘Warehouse 13’ re-runs whilst eating nachos and dips. Fitbit you are directly counteracting all these years of running I have done. Pleas hurry and fix Apple’s stupid ‘upgrade’.  

Best Answer

Iphone X consistent crashing for me after update today as well. Tried reinstalling and rebooting phone. Keeps auto closing while attempting to upgrade the database.

Best Answer

Fitbit app not working after latest app update - black screen appearing. Have uninstalled & reinstalled and app still crashing out - anyone know how to fix this ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks, I read your message on this thread and another thread (which has been marked resolved) that you were an ambassador for Fitbit by the phrasing etc.... of your messages, solutions etc.... hopefully everyone will be lucky enough to have a working Fitbit soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here unfortunately with 2 brand new versa 2 watches - one for me and one for wife

app crashes on both of our phones

Best Answer

Same here ! Fix it ASAP please

Best Answer
0 Votes

same

cant pair 2 new versa2 watches we bought....

Best Answer

Same issue for me and I have tried all the same things! 

Best Answer

Ditto on the problem. It looks like there’s several of us within a few minutes of each other with the iOS crash

Best Answer

according to the update.... bug fixes and improves performance.... surely this is against the trade description.... I had no bugs to fix until updating to 3.6

Best Answer

It keeps crashing after 2 seconds every time I open it, while saying it’s updating the database.

i tried deleting the app and downloading it again, shutting off phone and turning it on again , installing it on ipad (instead of iPhone X) but the problem keeps happening.

When I delete and download the app again it starts crashing right after I log into my account.

it was working fine until i tried to set up my new versa 2

Best Answer

Same issue.  Iphone X.  Trying to add Versa 2.  Now app crashes at startup.  

Best Answer

Same here app will no work. Called support and in typical Fitbit fashion they had no clue. No fix in sight 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem on my iPhone 6S, so frustrating !

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem. However I have just changed from a Charge 3 to Versa 1. It was working fine last night. Problems have only started in the last 30 minutes

Best Answer
0 Votes

So did I!

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue can’t complete the install of my new versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here on iPhone 7 

Best Answer

I just started having this issue 20 minutes ago with my Charge 3, no Versa involved for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes