Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8/A11 chip support for MobileTrack

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

New phone today and I'm unable to add the built in motion tracker, I assume this due to the chip change, any ETA?

Thanks,

Simon

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

I have the exact same problem and so far no one has any answers.

Best Answer

Same problem here! Cant connect my iPhone 8 Plus to my Fitbit Blaze... What to do? 

Best Answer

Alas this is not the issue I'm reporting, I'm using the iPhone built in motion chip not a bit of Fitbit hardware.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  They need to get this fixed and get the new Ionics shipped out.  🙂

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I’m in the same boat. I use my phones tracker with the Fitbit app so I can still track with my daughter. I have an Apple Watch that doesn’t work with the Fitbit app. No Fitbit device, hoping a fix is coming soon.

Best Answer

I’ve got the same problem. Looking back I think they had the same problem with the iPhone 7 when it first came out. I hope someone can give an ETA as to when this will be fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner   @Markygc @Blueaqua4 @diannenet  I will flag this for more more urgent attention.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. I hope you're doing well @LZeeW, thanks for joining the conversation. 

At this moment, MobileTrack is still not available for iPhone 8, which you can check by going to our list of compatible devices. I understand your concern about this feature and I'll make sure to forward the information requested to our team. Once I have more information about this subject I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can help you with, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

We will be doing well when Fitbit properly updates their app as there are reports of those who own Fitbit devices who are unable to connect. I suspect it is iOS 11 which means that the app developers should have done their jobs and prepared for it.

Best Answer

This is super annoying that FitBit is whitelisting iPhone models and not keeping ahead of the curve for the launch.  As a software developer, myself, I have to ask, why not base MobileTrack on if the iPhone supports "Motion & Fitness", instead of creating a whitelist of iPhones that are supposed to work?

Best Answer

Is there any plan or timeline to support iPhone 8 / X?

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello everyone, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. I hope you're doing well @LZeeW, thanks for joining the conversation. 

At this moment, MobileTrack is still not available for iPhone 8, which you can check by going to our list of compatible devices. I understand your concern about this feature and I'll make sure to forward the information requested to our team. Once I have more information about this subject I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can help you with, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Come on, even Nokia’s abomination HealthMate worked without issues. I find it hard to believe the API has changed?

Best Answer

I find it hard to understand that a moderator fixed the formatting but didn't answer the problem!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Come on Fitbit!   Turn on the MobileTrack option in the app for the iPhone 8!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Meh. Deleted it now. Only installed it to join in a work week challenge with some friends. There’s been at least two updates now and no fix.

Lack of Apple Health support pretty much ensures I won’t buy any hardware!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to pop in here and bump this thread. This is an absurd issue.

I've bought a fitbit as a Christmas gift for others two years in a row because I love the app, and I love challenging friends an family, but without mobile track on the iPhone 8, we've lost a lot of members of our regular competitions. 

I'm also dangerously close to deleting the app. 

Just adding to the bandwagon. I'm pretty steamed about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up buying a Fitbit Zip.

John C. Bachandouris
Sent from my iPhone 8 Plus
Best Answer

I definitely appreciate the suggestion, you're the best!!

To be frank, though, I'm just not in the mood to give fitbit my money after stripping features from newer (more capable hardware). They know what they're doing, and it's very discouraging as a consumer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

<sarcasm>come on guys we cannot fault them for these desperate moves, their stock is in the toilet. They are desperate to make money. </sarcasm>

Even taking away features that once made them standout in customer service. 

Best Answer