Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 plus won’t sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just upgraded my iPhone 6 to the 8 plus. I’m not seeing compatibility for this phone yet. When will this happened?

Best Answer
125 REPLIES 125

I was trying everything the last few days - and viola - this worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked perfectly. Thanks for the heads up

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same problem.  I did finally get it to work after totally uninstalling then reinstalling Fitbit app on new 8iPhone.  However, after working okay for a day, it has got a disconnect (again) with MyFitnessPal.  It was not transferring my step information at all today.  Finally got it to sync (tried so many things I can’t tell for sure what finally worked).  But now, tonight, it will not transfer my steps AND all the earlier cumulated data on the FitBit app dashboard has disappeared (sleep, exercise days, history).   Arrghh!  Never had a problem until changed phones.  Any ideas?  I’ve already removed and reinstalled the FitBit app several times and have clicked ‘sync now’ several times to no avail.  The two apps show they are connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issues.....new iPhone 8 - Fitbit isn’t working!  So frustrating!  As you, I’ve tried everything posted and am still having problems.  My Dashboard is missing almost everything, Settings are missing, no Sync - no anything.....sorry, very frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Kasey, did you delete the app and then download it again? That’s what
worked for me. All my stats showed up from previous days and weeks once I
logged into Fitbit again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, thank you. I did all of that yesterday and it produced nothing. Then, this morning I woke up looked at my fit bit app on my phone and to my amazement everything is working now! Who knows! Thank you community!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Is there any way to resolve this issue? My iPhone 8 Plus is not able to sync with my watch even after I delete the app and reinstall it

Best Answer

Unfortunately, mine is still not sharing with MyFitnessPal. 🙁.  And the Fitbit app isn’t keeping the days of exercise, either.  Things were fine until I switched to iPhone 8.   Really frustrated that it appears history has been lost and that it is not communicating anything going forward.  Reloading has not fixed the issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This totally worked thanks so much

Best Answer

Nothing is working for me either!  I disconnected from Bluetooth and app on old phone.  Did a Fitbit reset. Downloaded app and nothing!  It’s pissing me off

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with me ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did everything suggested by others in the forum and still nothing happened. I woke up the next morning and my fit bit app worked fine and my fit bit was syncing to my phone, now all is great! I have no idea why.

Sent from my iPhone - KC
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hmmmm I’m hoping that happens to me becauSe I’m at my wits end.

Mrs. Mary Levie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi iPhone 8 users! Thanks for your reports and the troubleshoots provided in this thread. It seems most syncing issues have been resolved by reinstalling the app as mentioned in @Kmm3mm's post or breaking the bond with your old device as mentioned in @Lisgia's post (those steps are also outlined in this help article). 

@Wenzelnk changing your mobile device should not result in the lost of data. Is it possible you previously used a different email account for your Fitbit and MyFitnessPal? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, KateFitbit,

I have done the suggested resolutions several times.  One time it did work--for a day or so.  But since then nothing has worked.  The MFP simply does not receive my steps at all!  And sometimes takes away the exercises entered.  

I only started using both the Fitbit and MFP this June, so I know I am still using the same e-mail address as when I started.  The history remains in my MFP, but it doesn't exist in the Fitbit.  It did originally when I removed and re-installed it and it worked, but once the MFP quit receiving my steps (in the middle of the day, but it kept steps up to that point for the day), my Fitbit history disappeared.

I just now removed and re-installed the Fitbit app following @Kmm3mm's directions, but to no avail.  I can't figure out if the problem is with the iPhone 8, Fitbit, or MFP.  But it is bumming me out and making me sad.  I had been doing so well with those two apps and getting where I wanted to be.  I'd like to get them working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish this was my case! I broke the bond with my old phone and Bluetooth. Deleted and re installed the Fitbit app several times, turned on and off Bluetooth, did a hard reset of the Fitbit, turned my phone on and off and nothing. It’s driving me cra cra!

Mrs. Mary Levie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is device still paired on your old phone? If it is, go to to Settings, Bluetooth, Select FitBit, Choose Forget This Device. That’s what worked for me. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah I did that too! Still nothing

Mrs. Mary Levie
Best Answer
0 Votes

I still can’t getbMFP to sync steps with FitBit.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times, disconnected/reconnected several times, clicked and re-clicked buttons, unpaired/re-paired, synced and still nothing works. 

I took it to my AT&T store where I bought the phone and one of the ITs who is very familiar with the two apps did everything (and understood what she was doing and why) and she couldn’t get it to pair either.   She believes the problem lies with the MFP app. 

But it I still don’t know how to get the two apps to work in conjunction or why it started with the new phone.  I’m getting really frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe it’s the Fitbit app as well

Mrs. Mary Levie
Best Answer
0 Votes