Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 plus won’t sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just upgraded my iPhone 6 to the 8 plus. I’m not seeing compatibility for this phone yet. When will this happened?

Best Answer
125 REPLIES 125

@Wenzelnk I sent you a PM 

@Tiggers96 Are you having trouble pairing a device or syncing? What are you seeing? Is there any error message? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m not having any issues pairing with other devices now. As far as MFP, I deleted it when I got my Charge 2 - just don’t need the app anymore.

Sent from my iPhone - KC

Best Answer
0 Votes
Pairing it to my new iPhone 8! I won’t find it

Mrs. Mary Levie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got 8 plus and now Fitbit won’t sync??

Best Answer

If you still have your old phone. Make sure you turn off Bluetooth. I also deleted and reinstalled the app. I am now able to sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to bring closure:

i did contact the MFP folks to see what solutions they might have since I wasn’t having any success with the recommendations here and the problem may have been there.  The first one recommended didn’t work either. 

Monday, my Alta HR had an upgrade, but that didn’t fix my problem.  On Tuesday, my iPhone had an upgrade, but it didn’t fix the problem.  On both Tuesday and Wednesday, my Alta HR drained its battery in a single day.

On Tuesday, the MFP folks sent me directions for fixing a “bad token” ( used to cross the bridge between the two apps).  But because the Alta HR’s battery was so drained and I was busy, I waited until Thursday to try it. 

As as I started to set up to make that fix attempt, I noticed that both MFP and FitBit were syncing and co-ordinating—and my FitBit is no longer draining its battery!  I’m back in business and didn’t initiate the fix. 😃

i have ave no idea what was going on up there in cyber space, but I am very pleased it is sorted and all is right with its world. 

Thank you, KateFitbit and everyone else for your support, suggestions, and patience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shutting off my old phone was the step needed after following all the other advice. Thanks so much! 

Best Answer

I'm in the same big boat and I'm mad that I have lost all my sleep information.

Another reason to buy apple products.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes the Apple Watch 3 is on my Christmas list. I’m done with Fitbit
I’m tired of trying with no success
Best Answer

Same here.  I have been using the Apple Watch 3 Nike+ edition for about a week now and it is so much better than Fitbit.  I use it for cycling and swimming laps in the pool.  The ability to capture those two exercises alone -- plus the increased functionality of the apps and iPhone make this a no-brainer for me.  Only downside is the battery needs more frequent charging.  Nevertheless, I am very happy I made the switch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this issue been solved.  I have a new IPhone 8 this week and my  Fitbit charge 2 wont pair ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. It has not. Very frustrating

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn’t work for me either, until I charged up my iPhone 7 and made it “forget” the device from Bluetooth. I did a full troubleshoot with a customer service rep and nothing worked, then saw this solution on the thread. Paired in minutes on my iPhone 8!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I looked at the forum and went back deleted the app from my old iPhone 6, then forgot the old Bluetooth pairing with the  iPhone 6, then turned the phone completely off. Deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app on my new 8 plus. Turned Bluetooth off first and then went back into the app. It finally started syncing and I was able to restart my notifications for text and phone messages. I think that it’s only equipped to follow one device at a time and that was the problem. Hope that helps, but had the same frustration as you. 

Best Answer

On the my fitness pal ap go to More... on the bottom, click on steps, then add your device if it isn’t already there. I have the iPhone 8 plus and it works now after doing that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went through the same process yet it didn't work.

Best Answer

Hahahaha

Worked once. But don’t worry, you’ll have the same problem repeatedly. I’m on my 4th such issue. Resolved with ten minutes of work - the dissolved. 

😠😡😤 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You’ll probably need to delete it daily as I have had to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all that, too. But it stopped working after one day. Did the same thing the next day. And the next. 

😠😡😤 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your “fix” works for one day. 

Best Answer