Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR not syncing with my Fitbit.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new iPhone will not completely sync or send me messages for calls and texts? I tried reinstalling several times? I could use some help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I’ve had the same issue with my Blaze.  It’s very frustrating.  The only way I noticed that I could sync was to restart the tracker whilst being in the App.  Upon starting up I got a successful sync, but it only lasted until I switched apps.

Interestingly I also noted that unless in ‘All-Day Sync’ mode the device did not pair with the iPhone.  I think this is the problem and it may be due to the different version of Bluetooth the iPhone XR uses, compared to older models.

To resolve

Open the FitBit App

Restart your tracker to get a connection

Enable ‘All-Day Sync’

Pair the tracker with the phone(follow on screen messages)

Ensure device sync’s in and out of app

Disable ‘All-Day Sync’ and the pairing will be maintained.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

Hi @Pamelarexanne. I’m sorry to say that your phone has not been fully tested for compatibility with Fitbit devices. You can check here. This means that not all features may work. Hopefully someone else with the same phone will respond with suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pamelarexanne, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @SunsetRunner, thanks for your insight. Smiley Happy

@Pamelarexanne, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that even when the iPhone XR hasn't been added to the list of compatible devices, as it's running the latest iOS version, the functions of the Fitbit app should be working normally. With that said, if you're having trouble syncing, please restart your phone and your Fitbit device. If this doesn't seem to work, try the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

Please note that if your device is not syncing correctly, this will also affect the Notifications reaching your device. Now, if your device is syncing but you're still not receiving Notifications, let us know which Fitbit device are you currently using, this will be very helpful to determine what we should do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, feel free to reply in case we can assist you with anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have a similar problem with my Fitbit Versa and the Iphone XR. The phone does not sync to the fitbit. I have removed all the devices from my account but now I cannot set up the Versa on the Iphone XR, because nothing happens after I enter the number on my Versa display, it just tells me that it is "connecting to Fitbit..." but will not go past that step. 

I tried setting it up on my old Iphone and it worked, so the Versa will sync to the older device. 

I have followed all the steps listed by you above, but I am still encountering this issue.

Any suggestions? 

Thank you 🙂 

Best Answer
Hi!

I call customer service and we reset my Fitbit and now it’s great!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. After I did a hard reset on the tracker and deleted and reinstalled the app it seems to be working. 

thanks!

Best Answer

Hello @Pamelarexanne, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. It's nice to see you around too @DeliaD, I hope you're having a great day. 

I appreciate you both have come back and let us know your issue has now been resolved after performing a reset, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I have tried all the steps above...probably 10 times...and nothing is working. It does sync to my iPhone 7, but Bluetooth on my iPhone XR doesn’t recognize my Alta. Any suggestions would be very helpful!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call customer service. They helped me, but it it’s been about 6 weeks and it stopped syncing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lori-13, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @Pamelarexanne, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Lori-13, I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know you've already tried to troubleshoot your issue with the steps on this thread. Please note that if your Alta is able to sync with your iPhone 7 but not with your iPhone XR it's possible that your tracker still has a Bluetooth connection established with your iPhone 7, which is preventing it from syncing with your new phone. 

At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone 7 and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. After that, turn off the Bluetooth on your phone and try to sync with your iPhone XR.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

Hi Marco - that doesn’t work either. My XR still can’t find the Alta. 

Best Answer

Hello @Lori-13, I hope you're doing well, thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier and get back to me. Smiley Happy

At this moment, my best recommendation would be to set up your Alta as a new device on your iPhone XR. Make sure you have removed it from the Bluetooth devices on your old iPhone before proceeding:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone XR and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer

This is what helped me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CH14, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and let us know the troubleshooting steps provided on this thread were helpful for you, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there -

My iphone XR won't even see my Alta as a device. I have the alta connected via the app, but not through my phone. I would like to get notifications on my alta. Do you have advice for trying to do this? I have tried resetting the fitbit, restarting the phone and bluetooth, and it is still not being seen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gailfrid, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always a pleasure to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums an for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Please note that your device will not set up nor sync through the Bluetooth Settings on your phone but through the Fitbit app. 

With that said, if you haven't done it yet, please follow these steps to enable Notifications on your Alta:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon 
  • Tap Notifications.
  • Turn off all notifications
  • Restart your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications On. 

After turning Notifications on, a pop-up will appear. When the pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue. You should now be able to receive Notifications and your Alta will appear on the list of paired devices under the Bluetooth Settings on your phone.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just brought and iPhone XR and have been having same problem. I also used what you suggested and now works! Thanks for sharing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kayegill189, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and let us know the troubleshooting steps listed above were helpful for you, I'm very glad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a new iPhone XR and I have tried all of the things listed and I stiall can’t get any notifications. I have uninstalled the Fitbit app and reinstalled it. My phone and app are paired and synced but still no notifications. I have an Alta. Any other suggestions??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for all of these posts! I got my new iPhone XR on Monday and hadn't been able to connect for my texts, etc. I followed all the steps suggested and the one that worked was setting it up as a new Versa. All is right with my world again! thank you.

Best Answer