Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app on Sense won't update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had the Sense since September 25th and on every clock face I've used the weather will not update at all unless I open the app and sync manually. I've had the Versa and Versa 2 in the past with no issues. I've contacted different clock face developers and they said it should sync. At this point I'm sure it's the new Sense/Versa 3 OS. I hope it gets fixed soon or I'll go back to my Versa 2. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Moderator Edit: Formatting, updated label and clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I fixed this issue connected to an iOS device by changing the Location Access from “while using the App” to “Always”

Weather did work for the first few days, I have no idea why this setting changed on the phone, it obviously wasn’t working even when using App!! After changing to Always my Sense immediately displayed weather again.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

@JohnTanner If your fitbit is syncing fully, you should not have any issues with this.  

Please restart your phone and resync your fitbit twice and then see if that helped the connection.  

I had an issue in the beginning with my sense - but got it working once I restarted my phone.  

Which platform are you on ?  I'm on iOS.  

let us know how this goes or if you need further guidance.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, thanks for the help! Unfortunately it did not work for me. I'm using Android 10. I'm wondering if I should "remove" my Sense from my fitbit account/app and reinstall it. Let me know if you or anyone else has any ideas. 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same problem using iOS. I’ve restarted both phone and Sense and have sync’d numerous times. My Sense say’s “weather synced 2 days ago”

Best Answer

Hi, I fixed this issue connected to an iOS device by changing the Location Access from “while using the App” to “Always”

Weather did work for the first few days, I have no idea why this setting changed on the phone, it obviously wasn’t working even when using App!! After changing to Always my Sense immediately displayed weather again.

Best Answer

Hey, I did exactly what you said and voila, it worked! Just like you said, I had mine set to "always allow" but somehow it changed to "only while using app". As soon as I changed it to "always allow" it fixed the issue immediately. By the way I'm using Android 10. Thanks for the fix!

Best Answer

Glad you got that sorted out. This is off topic, but since you are using an Android device, are you able to get email notifications along with text messages? I'm using iOS, and email notifications is not available on this system. I understand that you can also reply to text messages, and as well, answer phone calls. I'm thinking of replacing my iPhone, but not sure at this point whether to get another iPhone, or jump ship to Android. Cheers! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I'm able to get all notifications and reply to text messages with my voice. I've always had an Android device and nearly all of the Fitbit devices since 2015 and they have all worked seamlessly. I don't know if you use Alexa on your Fitbit but I don't, I'm waiting, (and excited) about the addition of the Google Assistant which I use for everything else. I believe that Fitbit works best with Android and iOS works better with an Apple watch. If you prefer a Fitbit device, I would go with an Android device. I hope that helps!

Best Answer

This did not work for me. I have had the Sense for only 4 days and so far I hate it. I have to sync at least 3 times a day. Never had to do it with the Inspire HR. I should have waited and purchased the Apple watch. If I can return it I am and then buy the iWatch. The problem I have with rebooting the device and my iPhone is I then lose my sleep info and other info each time. The sense does not keep that info.

Best Answer

I returned the Sense and purchased an Apple watch 6. Have had no problems at all with the Apple Watch. I wish the Sense had worked for me as there were features it had I liked that the Apple watch does not have. If it had stayed synched I would have never switched. I contacted support twice and they could never help me so that is why I returned it. I looked online for help and found none at that time, but now I see some and it may have helped me, but is too late now. All I can say to anyone with a new Sense is make sure it works before the time to return it expires.

Best Answer

Hi again! We must be experiencing all the same problems with our Senses and Androids! I've been putting up with intermittent weather syncs for so long now, it's really annoying! I came here to see if there were any others experiencing this and saw you were having the same issues like our Instagram notifications! Thanks for the letting people know it works for android, I've changed the location permissions and it's synced immediately. Hope it lasts! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah... it's a lot of user work of resetting and syncing to get this to work. Be better fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this and restart twice on both the tracker and the Pixel phone and it absolutely does not register weather at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of these things and this recommendation does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this and still not working . Have to sync them go in app in settings. Restart. Finding this hard to believe , just came to Fitbit from Apple Watch and thought this was basic functionality for a smartwatch. 
location services always on, sync regularly.

Best Answer

Hi @Tolosa299 , @SoftwareLady  - check How to change Temperature - for Weather, Centigrade - Fahrenheit, Sense especially the last line.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
Thank you! It is working now!
Best Answer

After over an hour of reading and trying every single one of the conventional remedies for getting my weather locations to sync on my watch, this little comment you made here to go to a separate link and reading/following the last line to the F/C options flipping WORKED. You are the best and saved me from throwing my Sense in the SEA - thank you!

Best Answer

Hey man, totally get your frustration - I to have had major issues with this pathetic yet useful app, and I've also found some unusual fixes. 

1st quirk:

I've noticed that if I have my local area as a location of interest ie 'Parakahi, Whangarei, New Zealand' along with having 'my location' as another selection the app has a complete meltdown and will not display ANY weather information at all. 

So to get around this I have selected 'Whangarei' as one location and 'Current location' as another "List of cities" - so when I'm at home the weather still displays and when I'm away from home and out of town my local weather AND home town weather is still displayed. 

2nd quirk:

I've recently returned from Brisbane back to Whangarei and noticed that if I created another location in the 'List of cities' such as York in the UK where I have family visiting, the new location (York) won't display no matter how many times I 'sync' the device etc, and the solution was to move the order within the 'list of cities' ie I moved York to the top - then synced the device and it showed all the cities within the Fitbit Sense. 

Once the new location York showed up, I could then go back and move it to the bottom of the list and amazingly all the locations within the 'listed cities' actually showed. 

Not sure if this helps - but there are certainly some major bugs within this app, to the point were I've even had Fitbit replace the Sense with a new one, only to find that the Weather app has a complete meltdown due to the bugs which Fitbit don't know how to fit and clearly can't be bothered about. 

Best Answer

Hi, I have the same issue with the weather app! 
I can’t just can’t get it to update!☹️
very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes