Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Bluetooth music quality

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone, I wanted to understand if anyone else is experiencing a very bad quality when it comes to music streaming via bluetooth from the watch.

I know that streaming over bluetooth implies a loss of quality, but there is a significant difference when compared to the same song (mp3 320kbps) played via bluetooth from my pc or phone to the same pair of bluetooth headphones, so I'm comparing two different bluetooth streams.

Now, given also the already widely discussed sync issues of the ionic, this makes me think that the whole thing might be caused by hardware problems in the bluetooth module, that leads to a high packet loss hence the poor streaming quality and the sync issues.

Is anyone else experiencing that? Does any fitbit engineer/developer have a more plausible technical explanation for this behaviour?

It's frustrating because the watch is overall amazing and it would be an hassle to return it, mostly because I wouldn't feel like starting a russian roulette of replacing it until I find a completely functioning one.

Moderator Edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

My old BlueAnt headphones died. They were bluetooth v4.1 and worked fine with my Ionic. My Audiofly headphones are bluetooth v4.2 have suffer terrible sound quality with my Ionic. I specifically replaced the broken BlueAnt headphones with a cheap pair of bluetooth v4.1 headphones - Kogan SP-1. They work perfectly with my Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is interesting.  These are a cheap pair of headphones.  They work with all my other devices, but for some reason not the ionic.  I will check which bluetooth version. they worked not brilliantly, but okish before I did the fitbit software update recently.  Since then they have been unusable.  Thanks for the advice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok folks on Ionic ? This is definitive proof ....iv had the same bluetooth crap quality intermittent music connection problems. Found an old pair bluetooth head phones ver 4.

MAGIC everything works fine!! So let's get this right they have made the ionic with retrograde bluetooth firmware they cant upgrade .....pathetic dont buy unless you've got old spec earbuds 

Best Answer

not only is the audio quality worse then listening to music out of a soup can it changes the speed of the song aswell, atleast for local music storage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Couldn't edit my last comment, but I'd recommend using your ionic as music control for your phone/music device. Not as good as what they promised but you can still control music via your ionic this way

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is anything ever going to be done to recitfy the sound quality for bluetooth headphones with the Ionic !!!!!! 

Best Answer

I observed that the pitch changes from segment to segment (a few seconds a segment).

Might be due to the CBR VBR settings of the mp3. 

Would greatly appreciate if the developers can help look into this.

Btw, are there any apps to view the processes , cpu and ram utilisation of the ionic? Will be best if we can kill the processes. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes