Let us delete in-app notifications/messages

This is clogging up my iphone. I have a year or more worth of useless Fitbit notification messages I'd like to shed. I saw a 'solved' notice in here from a year ago stating it was resolved by stating there is no solution. This is simply ignoring the myriads of request/votes of customer requests/concerns to fix it. Fitbit should have had a REAL solution by now and apparently do not. In reality this problem has not been resolved but simply is being ignored by the company/moderator. The solution 'solved' to put a vote in ideas does not address the real concern or issue at hand. What's the point of a community forum if Fitbit does not listen to its customers? The thread should have flagged Fitbit/moderator to produce a real fix, we're still waiting.

1,301 Comments
rubyrune
Jogger

The notifications that we can not delete are the Fitbit generated notifications. the 'cheers' .. way to go, etc. it is basically garbage after 2 weeks, but a whole year or more is unacceptable.

Sugar1924
Strider
Even sadder is that it's way over a year.

Sent from my iPhone
Sugar1924
Strider
Agree, you can stop them, but not delete them. I turned them off 11/17 and have not received any since. However any notifications prior to then are still on my phone and tablet and that too is totally unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone
OliB977
Jogger
Not only does it still exist, but the problem is getting worse. I now have
notifications that are over a year old, meaning that Fitbit has stopped
purging them. This feels a bit of a slap in the face to the many of us who
complained. I will never buy another Fitbit product again.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

Sugar1924
Strider
Ditto

Sent from my iPad
FitPanPan
Stepping Up

I agree. Mine is so clogged that new notifications have stopped storing since June 17th.  This is ridiculous.  

Miner01
First Steps
Totally agree! I've had numerous users contact me who agree.

Sent from my iPhone
Sugar1924
Strider
You can turn them off, can’t get rid of them though.

Sent from my iPad
Sugar1924
Strider
But our Fitbit moderator keeps ignoring us since we started complaining.

Sent from my iPad
Odyssey13
Community Legend

@Sugar1924   the moderators aren't ignoring you.

Read about the Feature Suggestion process here - click to view

ReynanRS
Premium User
Sprinter

kkkkkkkk

FitPanPan
Stepping Up

I’m in the market for a new Versa but I’m not going to pull the trigger until this gets resolved. I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but the notifications did not go away.  There are over 500 requests for this. Why aren’t you listening?  How hard can this be?

pbmndmu
First Steps
Agree
Sugar1924
Strider
From what I found 500 is not enough since they have over 600,000 users. The article is on Fitbit’s website. I was directed to it from a post a few days ago, so it’s probably on this on the later pages of let’s us delete in-app....

Sent from my iPad
Sugar1924
Strider
Odyssey13 on page 37 of let us delete in-app,dated last Wednesday has a article to open that explains why 600 complaints is not enough.

Sent from my iPad
Miner01
First Steps
I thought of that too, but didn't try it I feel exactly the same. I did find a place to vote on this suggestion. Have you voted?

Sent from my iPhone
Ghostrdr
Recovery Runner

No.  Fit it isn't the easiest program to find your way around.  Fact is I only have it because of the watch device.

Sugar1924
Strider
Of course I voted, and when I went back to check, the number of thumbs up actually decreased.

Sent from my iPad
rsnsbrown
First Steps

I want to be able to clear my notifications!!!  Have been tracking this ask for over a year ;-(

SAVEDMYSOUL
First Steps

Hi. I have loved my fitbit charge 2 for over a year now. I never take it off! It's a huge motivator & I've lost 30pounds & have 10+ to go. I'm 49yrs old & in the early stages of menopause. I would love it if my fitbit could take my temperature, especially at night. It monitors everything else why not my temp?!! 😘💪

luaprelkniw
Recovery Runner

A hearty "yea"?  The problem affects android devices as well; resetting (even numerous times) doesn't help.  The notifications that bug me the most are those that come from someone having issued a taunt;  you can't get rid of them any way I've found.

EMichK
First Steps

I asked Fitbit what one was supposed to do if someone actually got disturbing or harassing messages (the ones I received were borderline harassing) - they would not answer that. They told me that they don't even have the power to delete them in the backend, which is ludicrous to me. I hope someone takes this seriously because there are privacy issues at play and I can't believe a company like Fitbit isn't taking this seriously.

Sugar1924
Strider
I know they can delete them, I’ve been told by others in the community that they have. But Fitbit’s response does not surprise me. I am upset that people can be abusive to other Fitbit users, there is no place for that at all and Fitbit needs to address this ASAP.

Sent from my iPad
soosiep
Jogger

I am new to Fitbit and was astounded to find I could not delete messages! I am being messaged by men I (obviously mistakenly and naively) added as friends. I then deleted them as friends and wanted their messages to be gone but find I can't! Please change this. In this day and age of modern tech it feels very old school for them to sit there. I would also like to be able to see the message history for messages I send.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.