Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add children to family account

ANSWERED

Hi

I can't set up family account to set up Childs ace 3

I bought a ace 3 for my daughter, im not a Fitbit user so had to set an account up 1st. I used my google account to log in. I set up my family how ever on my family it just say

to add children, make sure they're part of your family on Google, then set them up on Fitbit, their name will appear

I have made my daughter a account on my account as she is only 5 and added her to my family on google but nothing is showing up in my family on Fitbit app

please can someone help 

thanks

ben

Best Answer
430 REPLIES 430

Yes try that when you get a chance. It gets confusing for sure. Do make sure that your own Fitbit account is a Google account first. If it’s not, Convert it to a Google account by logging into Fitbit the regular way and selecting the option to convert it to google. Then you will log in to your Fitbit account by choosing “log in with Google”.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Aww bless ya, thank you so much, I truly appreciate everyone's help
Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work of me.  All attempts to explain this to the moderators have failed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Thharrison11!  This is the best response to date and it works! I didn't follow the exact instructions from Thharrison11, but I pretty much had to (a) move my personal fitbit account to google on my phone, (b) create a family on my phone, (c) get a second device without google users, (d) sign in as a NEW child user account and then go through the whole thing on Fitbit on the second device.  

Even though I DID get it to work (finally), clearly the folks who came up with this at Google/Fitbit must not have kids or have an unending amount of $ for devices and time. The assumption that a child (especially one that is at the age that likes Minions) has their own device without stating it's required to operate the product is a massive design flaw.

Ultimately:  it won't work without a second device so that you can create a whole new google account for your kid, and have no other accounts on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

While I am impressed by your skill and perseverance, this is insanity!

Fitbit: you need to fix this!

If you still choose not to address this issue that obviously dozens or hundreds of people are having, this fitbit is going back tomorrow to be replaced by a device that ACTUALLY IS USEABLE..

Best Answer

The workaround requires additional time and effort, not to mention an additional device to use, and may not be effective for everyone.  In my case, it didn't work despite several attempts.  

It's sometimes difficult to predict the outcome with these technical workarounds, but it's much easier to predict the outcome for companies that fail to acknowledge defects in their products.  I've been following this thread in hopes of seeing a "Fitbit endorsed" solution that I can actually use.  Most of what I've seen are ongoing user frustrations, productivity loss, reputation damage, missed sales opportunities, decreased customer loyalty, etc. 

Judging from the comments, I've noticed many who somehow manage to get it working don't feel very good about the experience.   It makes me wonder how many of them would recommend this product to others.  

Best Answer
Ahh that's a right bugga, yea the help from fitbit themselves is
disappointing, I never in a million years expected it to be this hard to
set up a kids fitbit
Best Answer
Yes same here, but no feed back on here from the company it's self, I feel
bad for their call centre workers who wear the brunt of the complaints. I
was awaiting to be contacted by the HUB department and emailed the team
last night saying I still hadn't heard from them and just now I opened an
email from them saying to disregard the HUB thing smh!! 😳 it's getting
so frustrating, would I recommend this Ace3 for kids? Umm no
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Brad182,

I've contacted support and sent them screenshots (9 to be precise) of the step by step processes I've tried to get my son's ace 3 set up and the reply I got was, 'It's an ongoing issue, please make sure to keep your device and app up to date to ensure you receive the quickest solution'. So basically sit and wait. I'm going to get this returned as there is zero point having something we can't use. It's absolutely disgraceful that the product has not been pulled while they fix this 'known' issue. So frustrated.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, 

I request that you remove that you have answered the question that was posed here. It has not been answered and you are misleading the thread. 

Myself and multiple others (if you continue reading the thread) have followed the instructions provided by you, customer support and your chat function and they DON'T WORK. Fitbit support even confirmed to me that this is a KNOWN, ONGOING issue that is apparently working to be resolved and it's hoped there will be a fix soon. However, this does not change the fact that in the meantime, there are a number of customers who have purchased a device that they CANNOT USE! 

Please stop misleading this thread and be honest. Customers are NOT able to use the Ace 3 device due to this current issue causing them to get stuck in an eternal loop of not being able to set up the device against a Family Google Account.

Thanks

Best Answer
Argh!! Are you kidding? That's poor effort on their part, it seems they
don't want to resolve this so we've all wasted our money buying these
devices for the kids. But yes the last email I got was basically telling me
to wait for the next part of whatever department to contact me about it,
I'll wait another 24 hours (now almost 5pm Australian time) and if I've not
heard anything I shall just send another email saying I'm going to return
the 2 ace3's I bought to the retailer...sad, I really thought buying fitbit
i was buying reputable, it was so easy setting up my own fitbit so I
thought the kids ones would be similar but no
Best Answer
0 Votes

My child is 9 and does not have a mobile device. Is there another option? 

Best Answer

This doesnt work for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife bought 3 of these for my kids and never got a chance to set them up until now. So depressing to encounter this same issue and seeing that it is yet to be resolved by Fitbit (Google) is very sad. Why is this issue marked as answered on this thread? This is very misleading!

Best Answer

Google finalized it's acquisition of Fitbit in January, 2021.  https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/google-says-its-finalized-acquisition-of-fitbit/

In the story, they say it's all about devices, not data.  

Fast forward to 2023.  Consumers are spending enormous amount of time trying to make Google Fitbit devices work on Google Android devices. 

My guess is that it's all about money at this point.   If the devices don't work, they won't get any data anyhow.  

Best Answer
Wow sorry to hear that. Yes I would return it for sure. Good luck to you
Best Answer
0 Votes
I truly don't know, but good question, all this information they should be
putting on the packaging
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately it didn't work for me, knowing me I prob6screwed it up somewhere along the way, but still no definite answers from fitbit but just being sent from pilar to post but I emailed them saying if I don't get better answers by the weekend I'm taking the devices back and probably getting a garmin or something..so disappointing 

Best Answer

Ive spent the last couple of hours trying to set up an ace for my son.

I’ve been through this whole thread and nothing is working for me either. I now have 2 google accounts set up for my 10 year old and still cannot get him to show in my family. For someone who considers themselves quite clued up with tech, I have given up! What a completely ridiculous set up, not to mention a complete waste of time and money. I’ve used fitbits in the past with no issues - I now use an Apple Watch so I will just get him one of those instead - at least he will be able to use it!

I think fitbit / Google need to sort this out before they lose a lot of users

Best Answer
Oh lordy, it's so bloody frustrating, the email I sent this afternoon I
got a response telling me they have sent my issues higher up so to please
wait a little longer for them to respond...smh!! My patience is quickly
running out
Best Answer