Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up ace 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help as a seem to be going in circles,

Im trying to set up a new ace 3 for my son, have tried various ways but it's not working l, have set up a Google account for him and linked via family link but when I go to create family the account doesn't show

Have also tried to set up directly in the app but then asks me to login as child's Google account but then can't as it's a child account which is linked - it seems like something of massive circular reference! Has anyone managed to navigate this set up successfully!!

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

im stuck in the same situation

I have had my google family group all set up for years with no issues, but in the Fitbit app when i go to family setup it doesn't show anyone so cannot setup the Ace. Cannot set up the ace directly as it says logout and log back in as the child account but cant do that as i cant create a child account because they are not in the list ... there are a few other posts on here about the same thing

I contacted them via live chat and they said it would be escalated to senior support and i would hear back ... that was on Saturday and have had nothing back yet ... 

Best Answer

We also have the same issue! Bought the Ace 3 for our twins birthday, but they can't use them as we cannot connect them. We've spent all day trying, on 6 different devices, so it definitely isn't our tablets or phones that are the issue. Would love it if anyone can help before I lose my mind 😐

Best Answer

I have had this exact same issue. I keep calling customer support but they can't seem to give me a reason as to why my child is not showing up under my family. I have tried everything I can and keep going in circles. I purchased the Ace 3 for my daughter birthday and she is so sad she cannot use it. I was told over and over again that the issue is with google and that they are working on it. Today when I called they advised me that the problem will be solved in a couple of weeks to a couple of months. HOW FRUSTRATING!! There isn't even a work around to get these added until they sort out the issues with the move to google. 
I then indicated that I would like to send this devise back as it's currently useless and their response was sure... They do not care if we are customers or not, I then asked to speak to a supervisor on this issue as it;s been 3 days since they made my case number and apparently supervisors are only able to respond via e-mail. 

If anyone has any solutions or a recomendation on a similar device, this would be fantastic as my child is so sad and I am now just one frustrated and angry mom. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same exact issue. It's driving me mad. I can't get my child to show up under "My Family" despite adding them to my family in google. 

Best Answer

Oh thank God!!! My son's 10th birthday today and for the life of me I can't link his watch.... I'm so frustrated and now have a VERY disappointed little man who can't use his brand new watch today on his birthday!! 😞 

Best Answer

Same issue here. Can't set up Ace 3 - it asks me to login with my child's Google account (which I have) but then that account can't log in because it's a "supervised" Google account.

Can't set up the watch with an adult account either, it has to be a child Fitbit account.

Just had a brief chat with a support agent on the website, sounds like it's a known issue, they said that they'd email me with more information.

But if I don't hear anything promising, I'll probably send it back.

Best Answer

I received an email with the instructions 🙄🙄🙄 not impressed, because they gave me the same thing I already tried to do..like I'm not following directions.

Best Answer

Apparently a glitch in the system because of the merge with Google. I suggest return you fitbit ace 3. Fitbit has no projected date to fix the problem and they are aware of it.

Best Answer

Apparently a glitch in the system because of the merge with Google. I suggest return you fitbit ace 3. Fitbit has no projected date to fix the problem and they are aware of it.

Best Answer

It's been 4 days and Fitbit does not have a resolution to fix the glitch issue with adding and setting up Ace 3 kids account. ITEM WILL BE RETURNED TOMORROW!!!!

Best Answer

Hey Everyone! 

so… it looks like this is going to be a long term issue. I’m sending the Ace 3 back as it’s just junk if you cant actually connect it. 

I just ordered my daughter a bigger five. Reviews are good and it was cheaper. Hoping this works for her! https://www.biggerfive.com

Best Answer

We have the same issue, very dissapointed 😞 

Best Answer

Same problem here. I have zero confidence in FitBit resolving this anytime soon and they ha e been far from open and honest about this issue. 

Unfortunately I will have to return this item. 

We should leave reviews on the retailer sites about this issue to prevent other parents having to endure this.

How can we get the wasted  time,  in my case  5 or 6 hours back 😫  

Peace all 

Best Answer

I am also having this problem. My child is all set up correctly with Google but is not showing up when I try to add as family on Fitbit. The live chat told me they can’t link because standard accounts have priority, then medical then family. I don’t know if they meant Fitbit or Google but it seems they don’t know what the problem is or how to fix it. I’ll just be returning the Ace 3 because this is dumb and support is clueless. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and I'm beyond frustrated. This was a much anticipated birthday gift for my son who is just about in tears over his frustration. The "solution" just sends you around in circles.  It looks like "supervised" accounts are treated the same as "workspace" accounts, which are just not supported. I'm NOT impressed with Google or Fitbit right now. 

Something for Fitbit to consider - this is going to make a large impression on your next generation of potential users, along with their frustrated parents. I'd get it fixed fast, I don't care if it's "Google's issue", it's affecting Fitbit brand. Otherwise you're handing them straight over to the competition. If I have to switch my kid to another brand, you'd better believe I'm not staying either.

Best Answer

Have you or anyone else received a solution from Fitbit/Google?

I have been going around in circles for a week now. 

Thanks

Best Answer
No we have given up and took the product back to the retailer for a refund,
to be able to buy another brand tracker.
Best Answer

Thanks everyone for your posts. Because of them I only wasted under 2 hours trying to get set up and will be returning the Ace 3 and looking for something else. Thanks for breaking a good product Google.

Best Answer

Same problem. Literally unable to use the product. This is beyond unacceptable from a company like Google. So disappointed.

Best Answer