Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd website Selling Ace 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was looking for a Fitbit Ace 2 in Grape online. I came across what I thought was the Fitbit website that had this color on sale for $49. But then I realized that this does not seem to be an actual real Fitbit site.  (The URL is x-99.club) Can anyone tell me if this is legit? If not, is Fitbit selling an Ace 2 in Grape/Night Sky color?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I can confirm that this website does not represent an authorized Fitbit retailer, and recommend that you do not attempt to purchase anything there. You can shop directly from fitbit.com or any authorized Fitbit retailer to ensure a safe purchase.

If you have already made a purchase, you can reach out to the seller or your credit institution to discuss a refund. Our team has been notified of this imitation site, and will take appropriate action.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

Hi @sophiedog1963  from the Fitbit Store - click to see - yes, that is a color they have. Problem with any retailer is unless they are an authorized retailer, there is no warranty if something happens. I'd worry about buying from any site I found online that had .club on it, to be honest. Check with your local retailers, such as Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Kohls, etc and that way, you're sure to be covered by the warranty.

Well, an interesting fact for you. x-99.club just created their domain August 22, 2019 so I wouldn't think they are to be trusted so soon, if at all.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I ordered from the site and am afraid it is a scam.  I’ll see if they ship me my versa2 which was priced $50 below retail. Worse case I’ll dispute the charges with PayPal. 

Best Answer

@filisimito  hope it's not a scam, but if it's not an authorized retailer of Fitbit products, there is no warranty. You'd want to check with Fitbit to see. Paypal, I've heard, works with the consumer. Let us know what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To me this site looks like a scam.  I would not buy there.  It looks like a fake site trying to look like fitbit.com.  If you want, post the ads that you see advertising them to google using:   

https://support.google.com/google-ads/troubleshooter/4578507?visit_id=637040909858065282-2554099511&...

I put a few of their ad links in the form already.  So many legitimate looking scams out there.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, the club makes it look like they are legit but right after I placed my order for a Fitbit versa 2 for $149.00 lo and behold the Fitbit sight want that at all and a Chinese companies name came up. I called my bank and pay pal to stop the order. Well, within twenty minutes after putting my account info in it was already paid!!! It's a false advertisement and once it goes through my bank I'm putting a dispute on my account and I've already logged a complaint with Pay Pal

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do not buy from this site.  The search term that I see the add with on google is “fitbit versa 2 review“.  Here is the ad that is a scam:

C77CB05D-0C81-4DDF-8069-B3F634A733E3.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is google ads or facebook ads?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep. I was duped 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Google ads. Not sure if they are on Facebook too...

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Jogger, 

I was duped too!! Luckily I went through Pay Pal and they will be reimbursing my $149. 

They set up the account so when you write Fitbit in Google search their site comes up!!! They use the Fitbit logo and make it look as if they are an authorized dealer and they are not!!!! So don't feel bad. Someone wrote me if you put Fitbit scam their web site comes up!! 

Good luck. And by the way congress needs to look at this to protect their citizens from scams from other countries! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
These people focus their whole business and life on tricking people.   Don’t feel ashamed as a lot of people fall for it.  Be happy that it’s only a couple hundred dollars.   Scams take people for $1000s.   In this day and age it pays to be very skeptical.  Pay attention to the domain name at the top of the browser. If it is not the company you are doing business with type their domain directly in the browser.  Most domains end in .com.   They sometimes register domains with a slightly different name to trick you too.   

If the site did trick you, I recommend changing your PayPal password immediately and login to PayPal to flag it as fraudulent.   That will actually help other people because PayPal may flag the site and stop future charges.  
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just paid for a charge 3 thinking I bought from Fitbit and then I noticed the different name. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guess I was duped, thought I was purchasing a new Fitbit and paid $149 and came across the site and turns out it’s a fake site!? How is this possible, it looked so legit.. is there anything I can do to fight this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hrodriguez02  contact your credit card company or Paypal to cancel and let them know you were deceived into thinking it was actually Fitbit. These scam sites do their homework and make their site look as close to the real company as possible. It happens and this thread proves that good people often are fooled. Sorry this happened to any of you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm wondering the same thing

Juliann Rose
Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to pay pal and informed them they need to put a fraud alert on that site. I also made the statement that they need to delay payment by a day since your unable to cancel the purchase in a timely manner. The minute the Chinese name came up- after I paid I knew it was a scam and tried within twenty minutes to cancel the order. I finally went in the my Fitbit app and purchased my new Fitbit that way. It’s fifty more dollars but at least I will get a real product. Good luck. 

Best Answer

I called the bank and paypal 

This is really upsetting I thought I was in the fitbit site 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s what they want you to think. Don’t feel bad I was fooled too. Go onto Pay Pal resolution  site and file your complaint. Don’t just give up. These sites count on it. Your bank can also put a disputed on the amount and do go onto PayPal and write it up on that site. Resolution site and good luck. Use your anger to take care of yourself. Don’t let these places win. My husband didn’t want me to go into my Fitbit app. To finally purchase a real Fitbit. I’m paying fifty more dollars but I know I’m really getting something. 👍🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the help 

Best Answer
0 Votes