Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta hr is not holding its battery! Have to recharge every two days!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Same with mine. Hope you get an answer soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar problem. I've had my Alta HR for just under a year, The battery has worked as expected since I purchased it, now all of a sudden the battery is not holding a charge for more than a couple of hours. I fully charge it up, and then a few hours later it's completely dead.
I stopped wearing it last week since there was not point, but I thought I'd log in and see if anyone else has had similar problems - and wouldn't you know they have!
I don't have an excessive amount of alarms, I don't tap it awake very often, and I've reset it a couple of times. I've seen some references to doing a battery test - but I can't find any detailed info on that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did a reset on my Fitbit and it seems to be performing better now. It’s worth the try and simple to do. Just plug it in and push the button in the piece that attaches to the Fitbit 3 times. You should see the logo on the Fitbit screen to know it is complete. No data is lost. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had reset quite few times, and it didn't seem to matter. (it wouldn't even last 3 hours)
My Fitbit has been in a drawer for a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd give it more try before contacting the store I bought from to initiate a replacement.
I reset it yesterday and charged it for a couple of hours, and it seems to be holding the charge, so far, so good. 
So I guess if you've been having similar troubles, it might be worth letting it sit for a week and then try again. Fingers crossed it keeps working!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So it's worth mentioning what happened in my case. I contacted support and the response I received was to stop using the alarms and automatic wake up etc. In my opinion, it's not good enough to just tell customers that they can't use all the features to save battery life. I did a lot of googling and ended up trying the factory reset about ten times before it seemed to work.

I was willing to lose all the data if it meant a Fitbit that works so I glad it now works.

Would recommend persevering with the resets, but I don't think I'll be buying another Fitbit when this one finally gives up, I'm afraid.

Best Answer

I feel the same!
I had a charge HR a few years ago and the band delaminated. I was sent a replacement and it eventually did the same thing. Last year, I took a chance on a Alta HR on sale, thinking the  detachable bands might work better (and they did!), but if average life on these things is only a year, I might look into something else. I'm not a runner, I just walk, and I really like the Fitbit app, but if another brand has better longevity, I might look in to them. 

Best Answer

I had all the same issues and the only thing Support could offer was a 25% discount on a new one. I had given up but kept my Alta HR charging and I kept resetting several times a day  for over a week. Gradually the battery started holding longer and longer until after about three weeks it appears to be back to normal.  Very strange.  It’s almost as if it Fitbit does this on purpose somehow to get you to buy a new one.  

Best Answer

So, here I am, back again. My fitbit held it's charge for about 3 days, then it died again. Charged it up, got a couple of hours out of it, then it was gone again.
I can plug it in, reset it, if it wakes up, I can see the battery is full,  (but it doesn't always wake up) as soon as I unplug it from the charger - it goes dark, and my i can't sync it to my phone.

Perhaps I should post this on it's own thread - because as far as I'm concerned, this is not a resolved issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah 😞 I ended up buying an Inspire HR but I'm worried it's going to have the same issues in the future. My Fitbits never seem to last longer than 2 years. 

Best Answer

I'm also having the same issue with my Fitbit Alta hr battery, it only lasts two days. I even replaced the battery and I still have the same problem.

The battery on my first Fitbit Alta hr lasted 10 days for over two years. 

Best Answer

@tcali3636 My issue was never resolved either - it improved temporarily, but eventually stopped charging again. (despite, cleaning connectors, resets, and all recommendations)
I bought it through a large big box retailer in Ontario Canada, and purchased the extra protection coverage available through the store, after it stopped working again I sent it back and got a credit. I still have not replaced it.
I generally like the concept of the FitBit products and the app interface, but if they only have a one year life span, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Best Answer

Yep I'm finding if FitBit kit only lasts 1-2 years and without a battery replacement other lower total-cost products are on my shopping list xx

Best Answer
0 Votes