Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR display is blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

This morning my screen has decided it doesn't want to display anything when I tap or swipe it. My battery is half charged and I have tried doing a reset of my tracker but to no avail.

Thanks

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
260 REPLIES 260

Hi Ferdinand

My Alta HR is doing the same thing. I tried to reboot it as you stated to Kiela but nothing happened. I still have the back screen. It vibrated when I pushed the button on my charger and/or when I attached the charger but nothing appeared /appears on the screen at all. What else can be done?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Buy ANYTHING but a Fitbit. They are garbage.
Best Answer
I had to get a new one eventually nothing worked!--
Kind regards,
Kathy O'Brien
Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly!  And now I'm on another new one. Seems like a 3 year cycle!!    LOLSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR won't show the display. When I go through the procedure as described, it vibrates after every push of the button but still no display. It also buzzes every time I remove and then reattach the charger but still no display. Has it reached the end of its life or is there a fix I don't know about?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Throw it in the garbage and get a different brand! If you look, this happens to many people.... and Fitbit won’t honor the defective product.
Best Answer

Rebooted three times and everything is working fine now. Glad I didn't throw it away. [Edit] It only shows "  !  "  what does it mean? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I did try rebooting several times. The display did flicker a few times but now nothing. I've had it since 11/2018  - disappointed it didn't last longer.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, but when I attempt a restart nothing happens. I feel the vibration when I press the button on my charger, but no Fitbit logo appears. 

My screen does not display anything even though it still syncs to my phone.

please help!

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the instructions given and my HR is not charging?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I decided there was no point in trying to get my Alta HR to work anymore and now have a Charge 4 and so far am very happy with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Tried restart using the charging cable and it doesn’t work.

I hadn’t used the device for a few months and charging it the screen won’t display anything. It will sync with the Fitbit app, but nothing on the display. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up taking offer to purchase another at a discount.Sorry I cant help more.SSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well if you replace it, I recommend NOT replacing it with Fitbit brand if you want something that will last.
Best Answer

Thanks! It worked for me too

Best Answer
0 Votes

black/blank screen even after reset and fitbit alta hr fully charged

Best Answer
0 Votes

What button would that be ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What button on the charger cable??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Our Fitbit Altas are several years old and haven’t been used lately. Trying to power up. One showed a full battery, but then later would not show anything.  The other never showed anything.  Can the Alta’s just become dead?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My experience with ALL my fitbitd is eventually they just done work. And I
buy a new one. Fitbit annuity😅🤣😂
Best Answer
0 Votes