Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR fall off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The wristband started separating from the tracker, and despite watching videos and reading instructions on putting the band back in place, it will fall off again and again.  Is there a way to make sure the wristband is locked in place?  I am not trying to change bands.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just contact Fitbit support online. They will ask for a picture of your broken fitbit then send you new one. You will get it in less than week. I wish they would fix the design flaw.

At least they are very easy to deal with.

What do you mean check with fitbit?? They have replaced my band twice. It’s a design flaw that they haven’t fixed yet. Customer service is easy to deal with. So do you want me to check with fitbit for?

Moderator edit: Merged replies

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

Hi, @Margaret68, when your Alta HR band is properly attached you should feel a definite click when it locks into place.  If you do not feel this click it may not be properly attached, and that is why the band falls off.

If after trying this several times you are still finding that the band is not attaching properly, I would suggest getting in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com.

Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

My Alta HR band is detaching and falling off more frequently in recent weeks.  It's only about 6 months old. 😞

Best Answer
I had to get a new band.
Best Answer

The same thing happens with mine im sick of it

Best Answer

thanks Matg is it still happenning?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its just not good enough we pay good money for it and it should last a lot longer than 6 months. im in the same boat,

Best Answer

The same thing is happening with my band, and I really do not want to replace the band.

I have only had my fitbit alta hr since October 2017. I need to know who to stop my band from coming undone before I lose my fitbit. Help  Please! 

Best Answer
I just went thru two weeks of my second set of straps falling off. It was
even coming off when I was asleep. It was always the strap with the
buckle. Call Fitbit and complain. They need to fix this problem. I think
they must have an engineering issue.

Good luck.
Best Answer

If anyone needs new bands, try going on EBay.  They usually have good bands for cheap.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

There was an earlier discussion thread about problems with the band falling off - you can read more information about it here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Alta-HR/Band-coming-unlatched-on-Alta-HR/m-p/2183982

Best Answer
Thank you for the I information.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my fitbit Alta HR since November, recently it suddenly felt too big and I had to start using a closer hole on the wristband, then it started falling off from the same side disconnecting. I have never switched wristbands. I couldn't see anything wrong with it but the band but it was falling off more and more.

I contacted fitbit support, they had me submit a pic, and immediately sent me a new wristband, that I received 4 days later. I did notice a couple of days after I contacted support that the little plastic piece on the edge of the wristband, that connects to the tracker, was cracked. It was hard to see b/c it's black. Then the plastic piece broke off completely. 

So contact support, they will send you a new wristband.

Best Answer
Thank you I will do
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too! I don't want to lose my tracker and I'm using the original band. Is Fitbit addressing this issue?

1 September  2018 After two replacement bands and one tracker, same issue. It's out of warranty now and Fitbit costumer offered to charge me for another band, instead of admitting the design flaw. No, thanks.

Best Answer
I contacted Fitbit and they sent me a new band. I haven't had another problem. I had a new band within a few days. Great customer service.
Karen
Best Answer

I had this same problem with the Alta HR falling off at unexpected times.   It is clearly a design flaw.  Unfortunately for me, one time it fell off and I did not notice it, and so it was lost.  When I contacted Customer Service about this, they told me that they would not replace the tracker.  Instead, I was offered only a 25% discount on a new tracker.  Needless to say I was disappointed in this customer service, as they made clear to me it was my fault for their design defect!

Best Answer

They sell a flawed product and will only cover if for a year. I won't buy from Fitbit again. Too much money for testing their design.

Best Answer

Oh no!!!! That is one of my fears. It is clearly a design flaw. I’ve been debating about getting a different band. I have friends who have purchased different bands and have never had this problem.

I would contact them again and ask to speak to someone higher up.

I just keep getting a new band. I have replaced two now. No idea if they are addressing the issue or not.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm still having the problem, and it just started happening again. Have
already had Fitbit replace the bands twice, and now it will be the third
time. Disappointing to say the least!
Best Answer