Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR fall off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The wristband started separating from the tracker, and despite watching videos and reading instructions on putting the band back in place, it will fall off again and again.  Is there a way to make sure the wristband is locked in place?  I am not trying to change bands.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

And my third set of bands is now falling off again. Disappointing to say
the least!

Fortunately, I've not lost the tracker, but now the 3rd set of bands is
falling off without my trying to remove them. Very unsatisfactory!

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

This happened to my band and quite a few others last year.  Here's my video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_N4VCvIfkw

They sent me a new band no cost.  It's the rubber piece that clicks in to the tracker gets stretched some, I think after being quite active and it occasionally gets caught on me.  I had two with it when i purchased also.  I was in Hawaii when mine decided to stop staying on more than an hour at a time so i purchased the old kind without the watch buckle, and though most don't like them I found it sits smoother on my arm and doesn't get caught so has held up really well and stayed put better, so I highly recommend trying the older style band (non HR alta) also.  None of my bands since has come up with this issue but I have mostly worn the old style one I picked up last September in Hawaii.

Best Answer

Thanks.  What is the older style band you mention?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's not an older style. I have had friends who purchase bands off of Amazon and other places and they don't have a problem with their bands falling off. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I will look into it.

Margaret
Best Answer
0 Votes

Prior to the alta HR they made bands without a watch buckle they attach  with little rubber nubs.  I have decided i like that older style better as it lays flat and i find the buckle on my watch style catch on my ski gloves, jackets, bike gloves and wrist guards at times and the one that lays flush actually gets caught less.  I think getting caught on my varying sporting gear actually may have caused that rubber to stretch/tear and the issue you see in my video which caused it to fall off my it even brushed on my pants as I swung my arm when walking.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I get what you are saying but mine has never caught on anything. Living in the south, I rarely wear any sort of gloves or even long sleeves.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Aah i understand, just saying if you call they will likely replace it.  The fall off problem last year was quite common and their customer service when I called was excellent.  I live in the south too!  But I wear Cycling gloves (fingerless) to improve grip and I wear wrist guards with thumb wraps when rollerblading to avoid a broken thumb/wrist and it's a daily thing for me.  So if you or someone else reading this were engaging in that type of sport the band that lays flat without the buckle may also work better for them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good that you are not trying to change bands. Because if you were, and you had the rose gold version, fitbit would not even be able to supply you with a replacement band. Apparently they just don't do this.

Crazy huh?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR strap had also broken- how / where can I get a replacement strap 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Check with Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just contact Fitbit support online. They will ask for a picture of your broken fitbit then send you new one. You will get it in less than week. I wish they would fix the design flaw.

At least they are very easy to deal with.

What do you mean check with fitbit?? They have replaced my band twice. It’s a design flaw that they haven’t fixed yet. Customer service is easy to deal with. So do you want me to check with fitbit for?

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Good to see you in the Fitbit Community  Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you guys have had problems with your bands coming off.

@GaynorGlowacki, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to the Support Team for further assistance. Please, keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions and if you need anything else, I'm here to help!

If any of you need help getting your cases escalated with our Support Team, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
It’s nice to receive a response from Fitbit.

Erin
Best Answer

I would like you guys to fix the defect. I’m so afraid one of these times I’m not going to feel my band come off. And it will be gone forever.

Sent from iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Thanks!

I'm also afraid of losing my tracker.

Best Answer

Typically they will only replace once and then they offer you a discount. I am on my 4th Fitbit in 2 or so years and my second HR Alta since last Thanksgiving. It seems like these devices only last about 6 months. At the moment I have mine taped up as I really like the alarm feature but when I finally stops holding or I get tired of taping it up I will be looking for something built better or cheaper. If these were like $25 I would not care if I had to by 2  year. At $100 they should last more than 6 months.

I did the picture thing last time and they did send me a replacement which lasted maybe 6 months.  

Best Answer
I have had my Alta HR for a year next month.
I had to replace my band twice,
But I hv brought some replacement bands from Amazon and I change my band at least twice a week.
So far no more problem.
I like my Alta HR, and I recommend it to all my friends.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I will give the replacement band a try. The device is fine but I still have had an issue with the quality. Perhaps the quality of the replacement band will be better than the original.

Thanks for the reminder. It will add a little life to the device before I move on.

Best Answer
Yes I got a replacement as well. Discouraging that I have had to replace
several.
Best Answer