Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643
I believe they are talking about the drop down menu in the upper left
corner of the cell phone app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If anyone is having problems with receiving notifications and you've tried the troubleshooting tips available in Help and in this community discussion, you really should contact Fitbit via chat, e-mail or phone so that they get this issue logged and help you troubleshoot.  If they can't get it working then they'll send you a replacement.  I'm hoping that the replacement I get tomorrow works correctly.  I'll post back the result. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit doesn't give me any notifications when my cell phone is on silent but does when my phone is on vibrate and ring. Any idea what the issue could be? I've tried restarting the fitbit, unpairing the device, and changing the settings in the fitbit app.

Best Answer
I don't think it shows the message just who it's from. I turned my phone off for a few minutes then turned back on. Messages & call notifications seem to be working better now. When I feel the Alta vibrate I can look down and hold the one end between the device & wrist band and it shows the info now. I think it just takes getting used to.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@matt5 I just was about to post the same thing. My notifications worked this morning and then stopped. Finally figured out they stopped because I put my phone on silent. It's annoying because I keep my phone on silent at work but the whole point of the Fitbit is so I can keep in on silent but still know if I get a text or call. I didn't have this issue with my Charge HR. Interested in knowing how to fix this too.
Best Answer
I don't get the detail either. Just a name and 1 message sent
Best Answer
0 Votes

I get mine even if my phone is on silent, though it is on vibrate.

I can honestly say I did not read every post, but for those who are not seeing the actual message on their phone, do you see it on your smartphone screen? I know on the iPhone you can turn that off so your phone does not say what the message is saying on your home screen. It will just say Dad Text Message. Does that have an effect? Unsure if that makes a difference but it was the only thing I could think of.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fell in love with my fitbit Charger HR and then was even more excited to see that the Fitbit Alta was arriving so I pre ordered it with anticipation for a greater product . The Alta finally has arrived and i  was very dissapointed to see that my 2016 Fitbit Atla is not compatible with my Samsung Galaxzy Note 5 which came out in late 2015  ( I can not recive nor see text message nor set up my calender reminder)

Why is it that this Feature is not avaliable on a new model phones  but it is avalible on older phones ?

Im bothered and upset with the customer care rep I spoke on the phone ( reason being they couldnt come up with straight answer )

I feel as if I just purchased a base model car at fully loaded price !!

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Follow me on instagram @trainerjmiranda
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I have Galaxy 5S. I've tried different ways to message and
message+ still not coming through
And. .....calendar doesn't work at all
Any suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for replying... after doing some deep searching on the Web I saw
an article on how Fitbit is working to resolve the problem

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Follow me on instagram @trainerjmiranda
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to admit to being disappointed in the Smart Notifications in my new Alta. I, apparently, have a device that is not supported yet. I also plan to upgrade my phone from an LG G4 to a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, also not supported. One of the reasons I bought a new Fitbit was because of the notifications. I like the newest of all things and I was hoping my newest fitness tracker would work with my newest phone. Please tell me that the new phones coming out will be supported for Smart Notifications soon!

Best Answer

Will the Alta tell me my bluetooth is disconnected?  Great feature if you walk away from your phone.

Best Answer
My Alta no longer shows texts or calls since yesterday. It only vibrates but the screen doesn't come on.
Help!
Best Answer

Well, my replacement Alta isn't sending ANY notifications (text, phone, calendar or reminder to move) either.  My cell phone is a Moto X 1st Gen (2013) with Android V 5.1 which is supposed to be supported.  

I'm very tech savvy and I've still spent hours trying to resolve the issue including trying every troubleshooting tactic on this site and talking to a very nice phone support person for over 1 hour a couple of days ago as indicated in my previous post.

I've just e-mailed support as I don't have several more hours of time to spend on the phone again.  I actually hope to hear back that there is a known issue and they are working on a software or firmware fix. The key on whether I return the replacement Alta will be transparency. People may understand the issue if it's communicated that there are known problems with notifications on certain supported phones and a fix is in the works, but the worse thing will be if Fitbit acts like they've never heard of the problem before.  That I will find extremely hard to believe.  

Best Answer

My Alta isn't showing any notifications, either text or call. All 3 notifications are on. I'm using iOS. What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jmbrandt  Make sure on your phone, you have allowed notifications under the Notification Center. 

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

That's all set. Still nothing. I also told iPhone's Bluetooth to forget the device and reconnected it again. No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Somebody help! The Alta shouldn't have been sent out as a work in progress! I'm so disappointed ! I had just received a replacement flex and decided to get this addionally. feel like I've wasted my money. : (. Unless an update is on the way to make the Alta work as it it advertised, I think we all should send um back!
Best Answer
And by the way. How do you get the cute flower to appear on the quick view. I haven't seen that either!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sadly this function simply does not work with my iPhone 6+. Everything is set up correctly and enabled. Disappointed 😞
Best Answer