Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643
Hello. So far I am not seeing detailed info when receiving a text(s) or phone calls are not always showing up. When I change settings on the Alta it doesn't update after syncing. Would it be because I have the S7 Edge and it's not syncing well with the new phone yet?
Best Answer
0 Votes

morning , i have the samsung s6 edge plus, for days it wasnt working, spoke with several techs, and three calls with a special techy, eventually got a new alta, same problem no notifications, have done all the rc'd steps many times, yesterday, after reading someones advice on here about allowing info on my lock screen i got phone and text messages, so i dont know if its what i did yesterday or what i did with the tech,(who was supposed toget back to me yesterday, but didn't) however, i'm still not getting the alarm, calendar, reminder to walk or motivations, any thoughts, i'm afraid to do anything else  i dont want to lose what i have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wasn't getting any notifications. I have an iphone 6. I removed alta from bluetooth, turned bluetooth off on my ipad and mini ipad, I don't have fitbit installed on my computer. Re-started my alta, opened fitbit app on my iphone, and set up alta and paired with bluetooth and now I am getting texts, call notifications and reminders.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed! I am getting calls and calendar alerts but no text and i'm pretty tech saavy as well. I've done all the uninstalling and reinstalling and no luck 😞

Very disappointed. So when do I give up and return the thing?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gonna try that! Hope it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is what works for me and it's annoying because I don't like to have my messages show up in the Notificaiton Center but you have to go into your message settings and turn that on. Voila! I got my text alerts after turning that on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and unfortunately it's not compatible with the Alta notifications.  I know it's already an old phone but it's still working fine and I don't plan to change it in due course.   Isn't  there any way for Fitbit to make some change on the compatibility of this type of phone ? Thank you and kind regards.  
Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat as Linda, except I'm on a Galaxy S3.  I'm pretty sure the website said it was compatible with the Alta, it certainly does not appear to be. 

Best Answer

Hi Shellory ... ( I dont know if you already figured it out )

Check in Options ( top right next to your profile pic on this very Page )

You will see it along with the clock setting of display

Follow me on instagram @trainerjmiranda
Best Answer
0 Votes

Going on 4 weeks of troubleshooting with Fitbit support to try to get call notifications working correctly on my Alta paired with a Moto X Gen 1 with Android 5.1.  

After receiving a replacement Alta a couple of weeks ago and after spending an hour+ with Fitbit's phone support, I have tried using the e-mail support.   After  two weeks of going back and forth with e-mail support trying the exact same troubleshooting as I've tried so many times I've lost count, I still am not receiving call notifications.  Today Fitbit support just sent me an e-mail response requesting the exact same information as they requested (and I responded to), last Sunday.  It's becoming painfully apparent that Fitbit support is either completely clueless or stalling to avoid the 45 day return policy. I've asked twice for a return label and my request has been completely ignored.  

Best Answer

Thanks for the response!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you tell me what/where the tracker tile is in the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

disregard! Finally figured it out 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SShannon

You and I have been both asking for help on the Motorola for many weeks, except mine is for Droid Turbo and have also tried everything.   Erick has tried to be helpful on here many times & was appreciated, but nothing has worked.  When I contacted support by email and asked for their help, they didn't offer any help at all but said they were sorry I was not happy with the Alta.  Within 5 minutes later I was emailed return info.  

I wanted help, not asking to return it but guess that's the only option I have now.  I've always been pleased with Fitbit's support and gave them rave reviews but this experience has been less than favorable unfortunately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Trish26  I agree with you completely.  I am receiving text and calendar notifications and reminders to move now but still no call notifications.  I just tried one last time to troubleshoot and I unpaired the Alta and uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app.  I tried calling my phone and I got one call notification then it stopped again and not receiving call notifications anymore.  That tells me it works but there's something in the software/firmware that's shutting the call notifications off after the initial call.  It's been frustrating primarily because there is NO communication with Fitbit that they're working on the problem or that they even recognize there is a problem when is very obvious there is a problem. I keep hoping they'll figure it out as I don't want to have to return it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still having problems receiving texts and call.  I have a Samsung S6 edge and have tried all sorts of things.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to have a setting to allow notifications to be shown automatically.

On my Surge I used incomming calls and txt notifications to discretely check, eg during meetings. With the Alta you need to take an action like Quick View or tapping, which is not as discrete as it could be.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! Now if I could only see my text message content. I'd be really happy!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have a iPhone6 and cannot locate the tracker tile on my dashboard in the app on my phone display to set up notifications from text, it is notifying of phone calls but not texts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info Erick.  I just moved up to the Alta from the Flex for the text & call notifications, but I have a Windows Phone.  Is this feature coming soon for me?  I don't see the lack of this feature anywhere in the Alta product info.

Regard,

Leanne

Best Answer