Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643

@dboyer30 Click the "Call and Text Notifications" section from your first screenshot. That should take you to the setting you need to be in.

@tlong67156 Did you see this thread yet? The "Preview Message" setting is in the default Android text messaging app that comes with your phone. Hope that helps.

@BorgSPeon@clarkie5 Thanks for sharing the update, glad to hear it's working for you as expected.

@Shug0625@ellstewsin I suggest checking out @Mcore's post about compatibility with the S7/S7 Edge/S6 Edge Plus here.

@Xtinalin We're respecting your phone's privacy settings, which is why you weren't receiving notifications before the setting change.

@lindahermans Sorry, it's a device limitation not a Fitbit app limitation.

@SShannon I reached out to our Support Team who informed me that they've reached out and are waiting on your response. Whenever you get a chance, please check your email inbox. Thanks!

@Josnz I recommend trying the troubleshooting tips in this help article.

@claushansendk That's a great idea! I suggest voting for this existing idea within our Feature Request board. The more votes, the more likely it is to be considered for implementation in future releases.

@kylslondon The tracker tile is the tile at the top of your phone Dashboard with the image of your tracker.

@LeanneYanda If you go to our supported devices page and select a Windows mobile device along with the Alta, you will see that call/text notifications are not a supported feature.

For more info on Windows and the Alta, I recommend checking out @RickyFitbit's thread, here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit  I'm not clear on why a reponse would be required.  The last e-mail I received from the Support Team was instructions on how to return the Alta.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your help but this is not helping with my text/call notifications, it is all turned on in the tracker tile on my app and it is set up to allow on my phone settings, since having my Alta since Sunday I have felt it vibrate once for one text (although I have received many) and once for a incoming call, so I know that it does work sometimes, could this be a fault?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes Erick, I did see the option for text message preview on my android phone, and I have it marked.  Still no text content or calendar notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Erick, but can you say if this feature will be coming to Windows Phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there a way to view previous notifications? Sometimes, I try to tap for the notification and for some reason, they don't show up. It would be helpful if we could see notifications within the app.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, I just got an Alta Fitbit and I have an iPhone 6s. It seems that I only receive text notifications on my Alta when I turn on the "show in Notification Center" setting on my phone. However, I still receive call notifications on my Alta if the same setting is NOT turned on for phone calls. Is it possible to receive text notifications on my Alta without enabling this setting? I prefer not to have text messages appear in Notification Center on my phone.

One other question, how can I request a new feature? I'd like to suggest that Alta also have an option to alert me of Reminders. Currently, it only alerts me of Calendar notifications, but I think a similar feature would be nice for the Reminders app on iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Could it be that u don't get the message because it's on vertices mode? I can't get any notifications yet.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Has anyone figured this out?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just got my Alta and it's all set up, but I cannot get any iOS notifications. I have an iPhone 6s, the Bluetooth is connected and syncing, I've rebooted Alta and iPhone, notifications are all turned on, phone is in range, tried inside and outside the house for possible interfere. Any help would be great.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem, iPhone 6S...  Found another thread that said to go to Settings, Notifications, Messages, Turn on "Show in Notification Center".  Did that and it worked.Smiley Happy

Best Answer
My battery was low out of the box, so I topped off the charge. About an hour later the notifications just started working. I thought it might be my iOS beta software, but I can confirm iOS beta 9.3.2 works fine with the Alta.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! I did the reset that I found recommended on earlier posts, and that worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Scroll through for the (easy) re-set instructions. That did the trick for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I found that I only get text notifications on my Alta when my iPhone's text notification settings are set to "show in notification center"
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am have the same problem as everyone else, but mine only works if I have it set on message+, it will vibrate and say who's texting me and that there is a new message. The other settings don't work at all. How do make I make it that I can read the message?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I just got a new Alta paired with my Samsung S6 and got Call and Text notifications set up on the app and working fine, but I don't see Calendar notifications settings. Screenshots are attached. Please HELP. 

Cheers,

SM

Screenshot_2016-04-12-22-40-01.pngScreenshot_2016-04-12-22-40-16.png

Best Answer
I've finally been able to get my call and text notifications to consistently work so I'm pretty excited about that! YAY!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too. Yay, too!
Best Answer
0 Votes