Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta screen not responding

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Fitbit Alta for just over a week and it's worked just fine. Sometime late this morning/early afternoon it quit working. The screen will not light up when I turn my wrist or tap on the screen. It appears to have died. When I checked the app on my phone it tells me I have a medium charge, so the battery should not be dead. It was working and tracking everything just perfectly this morning and then it just died.

I bought my fitbit from a retail location. - Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @lisar82

Is it possible to restart the tracker?

Restart the tracker

URL: Click / Tap to open the Fitbit Help Article 'How do I restart the tracker?'

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your help. My problem is fixed
Best Answer

I just purchased an Alta.  First one did not charge.  Had to sent it back.  Received a new one today and this one doesn't turn on until I tapp it at least five times.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @lisar82, @pfgillie, it’s great to know the issue has been resolved for your tracker @lisar82.

@pfgillie, before considering other options, make sure you're properly tappin and interacting with your Fitbit Alta. If you're already doing this, make sure you've also tried to restart your tracker at least a couple of times: 

• Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  • Clasp the other end of the cable to the port on the back of your Alta. Alta will begin charging.
  • Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer.
  • Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.
  • After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

I hope this helps, keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  Alta just suddenly stopped working.  I've tried restarting many, many, many times with no success.  It is showing as fully charged on my app.  I made the mistake of deleting the device from my Fitbit app with the intention of adding it back on to see if that would do anything.  Now I can't even add my Fitbit back to my app since I can't see anything on the screen.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @redcowdawg, you should be able to see information on your display after all these steps mentioned before, if you continue to have the same difficulty I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted Alta but after i unplug the tracker it quits responding

Best Answer

Hello @APSR, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. 

Thank you for your reply and confirming that you've been experiencing the same problem with the display not responding. 

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know about te outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bough my Fitbit Alta.  I plug it in, and it responds for a few seconds (it is fully charged), but then does not respond anymore.  It does not respond at all once it is unplugged.  When I plug it back in, it restarts without me asking the Fitbit to do so.  Please help.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem, and multiple restarts havent fixed it.

Best Answer

Yup it’s now 2023 and my display disappeared and stupidly I uninstalled to reinstall only to discover I can’t see the code🙁

Best Answer