Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interacting with Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So you've got yourself an Alta and are wondering "where's the button?" Check out how to interact with Alta!

• How do I view the time on my Alta?QuickView.jpeg 

You have 2 options to view the time on your Alta. 

1. You can use Quick View to wake up your Alta's screen without touching the tracker. Just turn your wrist towards you and the time will appear for a few seconds.

2. The other option is to double-tap your Alta where the band and tracker meet. This will illuminate the Alta and display the time and date (depending on the clock face that you've selected as default).

• How do I view my daily stats?

To view your daily stats just use Quick View to bring up your clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet (as seen in image below) to toggle between your steps, distance, calories burned and Active Minutes stats.

Alother way to do this is to double tap on the Alta to bring up the clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet to toggle between stats.

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 9.07.07 AM.png

• What's the best way to tap on my Alta?

alta_tap.gifWith a bit of practice, you'll find the best way to tap on your Alta. We advise aiming toward the bottom of its display, and not tapping too hard or too softly. You shouldn't have to hit it with any significant pressure, but you should feel the tap lightly on your wrist.

Make sure to give your device time to react - you shouldn't ever be tapping more than once or twice per second, and may need to pause a moment after your tap before you see the device react. If you're having trouble, try slowing down your taps.

Video below:

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
215 REPLIES 215

For the life of me, I cannot get the interface to show anything other than the Quick View. I've tried tapping EVERYWHERE, and I cannot get it to react. My stats are being tracked, but I'm unable to interface with the Alta in any way. Is there something wrong with my tracker? I literally just got it today and haven't been able to get it to react to touch 😞

Best Answer

@oldmanmurray Sorry to hear about the issues with interacting with your Alta. Make sure that you're double-tapping consecutively down near the bottom of the display, where the tracker and band meet. 

If that doesn't work for you, please try a restart and then give it another try. Keep me posted.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem. It's fully charged and the display shows if it's plugged in to my PC but shows nothing at all when it's on my wrist.  Very disappointing.

Best Answer

@Judybee When the Alta is on your wrist it will display nothing unless you interact with it as I've explained here.

Best Answer

Right.  I have double tapped where advised and the display shows nothing...completely black.  When I turn my wrist as if checking the time, still nothing.  I have restarted it and even removed it and added it back and it is not displaying on my wrist when I try to activate it.

Best Answer
I find it works best when tapping the band where it meets the display, instead of the display itself.
Best Answer

Thanks for your response @Mhinkle.  Everything I'm trying is not working.  I think I'll end up sending it back.  Thanks again.

Best Answer

@Judybee It sounds like you're doing everything right. In this case, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team and letting them know the details of what you're experiencing. I have full faith that they will be able to quickly help get you back on track.

@Mhinkle So do I!

Best Answer

Thank you @ErickFitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue with mine, and after an hour of playing around with it before reading this, it does work easily tapping..I had tried the corner areas without any luck, but I started doing in the center and it works. This is the first time in over 6 years to have anything on my wrist. I switched from my one and I'm already in love with the Alta.
Best Answer

Thank you @Kaytee7815. It works when I tap as long as it's charging on my PC.  As soon as it's unplugged from the charger, though, nothing will appear on it.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Glad you are liking yours.

Best Answer

@Judybee You're welcome. Keep me posted please.

@Kaytee7815 Thanks for sharing! I'm glad to hear that my post was able to help you interact with your Alta! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed the same thing - after an hour or two, it would start to work, but it still takes a very very specific finicky touch. Both my partner and I have found ourselves tapping 10+ times before it will actually respond. Mine seems to be slightly more responsive, but it's still not predictable. I have no idea if the sensor is strangely sensitive, or if these are defective! it's seriously disappointing 😞

Best Answer
I'm sorry you two are having trouble with yours. It seemed simple to set up but that's where it ended. I haven't once seen the band light up with any information after all the tapping I've done. I don't know if it's defective either but for the price I would expect it to be reliable. I'll call support in the morning and see if they can work some magic. @oldmanmurray
Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your troubles, Judybee. I am unable to get mine to consistently display, as well, and am finding I too, have to tap many times to get a response. Please keep us posted as to what Support recommends. Thank you again!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@oldmanmurray and @Mytracker, I called support first thing this morning. Elizabeth walked me through all of the steps I have already taken several times. I must have just received one that does not connect. There still was no display on the band unless it was plugged into the charger. She provided a FedEx label. I am shipping my Alta back and waiting for a replacement. I'm willing to give it one more try. If the replacement does not work I will return it, get a refund and move on. I was excited about having a tracker for a hiking and biking trip to California this weekend but the new one will not be here in time. 😞 I hope you all have success with yours. If not, maybe call the support line (they are available really early) and see if they can help. Have a great day.
Best Answer

I got mine yesterday and I charged it...no instructions...talked with computer support told me to go to set up I did and all I get is app down load.  All it says is fitbit/setup...HELP

Best Answer

@bettecrockerba  After you downloaded the App, you then need to Add tracker

Here is a link for help and istructions: Fitbit-Alta

Hope that helps!

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

@oldmanmurray@Mytracker Are you tapping where the band meets the tracker as has helped @Mhinkle here.

@Judybee I checked in with our Support Team who let me know that they've expedited your replacement. Hoping it reaches you in time.

@bettecrockerba If it's displaying "Fitbit.com/setup" after you've completed the set up process @Kmransom123 linked you to, I recommend performing a restart with these instructions. Hope that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes