Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interacting with Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So you've got yourself an Alta and are wondering "where's the button?" Check out how to interact with Alta!

• How do I view the time on my Alta?QuickView.jpeg 

You have 2 options to view the time on your Alta. 

1. You can use Quick View to wake up your Alta's screen without touching the tracker. Just turn your wrist towards you and the time will appear for a few seconds.

2. The other option is to double-tap your Alta where the band and tracker meet. This will illuminate the Alta and display the time and date (depending on the clock face that you've selected as default).

• How do I view my daily stats?

To view your daily stats just use Quick View to bring up your clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet (as seen in image below) to toggle between your steps, distance, calories burned and Active Minutes stats.

Alother way to do this is to double tap on the Alta to bring up the clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet to toggle between stats.

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 9.07.07 AM.png

• What's the best way to tap on my Alta?

alta_tap.gifWith a bit of practice, you'll find the best way to tap on your Alta. We advise aiming toward the bottom of its display, and not tapping too hard or too softly. You shouldn't have to hit it with any significant pressure, but you should feel the tap lightly on your wrist.

Make sure to give your device time to react - you shouldn't ever be tapping more than once or twice per second, and may need to pause a moment after your tap before you see the device react. If you're having trouble, try slowing down your taps.

Video below:

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
215 REPLIES 215

@Profit Thanks for taking the time to restart the Alta. As that didn't resolve the issue, I recommend getting in touch with our Support Team and letting them know the full details of your experience along with what you've already tried. I am confident our team will be able to provide you with further options for getting back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the impression too that you would get text messages on the ALTA. but only notification I get is incomming calls. That is it... =////

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner You can receive text notifications on your Alta! I recommend following the instructions for setting that up here. Hope this helps to get you going.

Best Answer

I like the one knuckle tap method. Thanks for the tip.

Best Answer

Hey hun... Did u ever get yours to work??? I'm having the same exact problem. It works fine when charging buy then won t then back on once its on my wrist.....

Best Answer
Hi! No I took it off as it was so frustrating. Never put it on again. Shame. Great idea but sooo difficult to understand. It has steps on it when I haven't even put it on for months. It seems inaccurate to say the least.
Wish I could help you. Good luck!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I never got mine to work so I just ended up returning it and got the Fit Blaze.  Which I am very happy with.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I saw that they now have an Alta with heart rate which I would have liked.
Oh well too late. Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yeah I really liked the Alta but it was just not working for me. =///

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Xmas2016 hey! All I had to do is restart my alta! Press the button on the charger 3x within 8 secs with brief pauses in between. When the alta logo shows up its restarting. Haven't had trouble since! But I do agree about the steps.... If I move my arm standing still it counts it as a step. I don't like that. But other than that I do like it so far. I do wish it had a heart monitor on it. Didn't realize this one didn't have it until I got home. Oh well haha. 

Best Answer
Thank you for your input. Maybe I will try it again.
Good luck to you with yours.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are a lifesaverrrrr. 3 hours later going through post after post and trying everything your suggestion worked for me. Was gonna be so bummed if I had to return it. However with the numerous attempts of trying to get it to work I've logged 40 steps just sitting in bed tapping. Lmao 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am unable to get any smart phone notifications on my Alta. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and the bluetooth is on and I have the app on my phone but I do not receive any type of notifications for texts or calls. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not even getting any Vibrations or any kind of communication between my phone and fit bit. Did you get any help for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

New Alta HR today, tapping near face and band has not worked at all. Worked once in the middle. Very disappointed with brand new product. Service call terrible, representative said to tap metal band. Worthless call 😟

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Thanks for your efforts but...

After reading a thread dating back to 2016, here I am in 2020 dealing with the same issue:  Alta won't respond to my tapping nor will it complete setup.  If one stumbles onto an 11-page thread with pictures and instructions on how to tap a device, you may have purchased a poorly-designed product. I'll give support a bit of time to respond to my email, then I will send this thing back.

Best Answer
0 Votes