Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interacting with Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So you've got yourself an Alta and are wondering "where's the button?" Check out how to interact with Alta!

• How do I view the time on my Alta?QuickView.jpeg 

You have 2 options to view the time on your Alta. 

1. You can use Quick View to wake up your Alta's screen without touching the tracker. Just turn your wrist towards you and the time will appear for a few seconds.

2. The other option is to double-tap your Alta where the band and tracker meet. This will illuminate the Alta and display the time and date (depending on the clock face that you've selected as default).

• How do I view my daily stats?

To view your daily stats just use Quick View to bring up your clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet (as seen in image below) to toggle between your steps, distance, calories burned and Active Minutes stats.

Alother way to do this is to double tap on the Alta to bring up the clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet to toggle between stats.

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 9.07.07 AM.png

• What's the best way to tap on my Alta?

alta_tap.gifWith a bit of practice, you'll find the best way to tap on your Alta. We advise aiming toward the bottom of its display, and not tapping too hard or too softly. You shouldn't have to hit it with any significant pressure, but you should feel the tap lightly on your wrist.

Make sure to give your device time to react - you shouldn't ever be tapping more than once or twice per second, and may need to pause a moment after your tap before you see the device react. If you're having trouble, try slowing down your taps.

Video below:

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
215 REPLIES 215

Exactly! Tapping at the band worked for me on the first try after multiple tries of various taps, pressure, standing on my head. Barbara  

Best Answer

@Bridget41 Tapping where the band meets the tracker, as shown here, is the ideal location when interacting with the Alta. I promise that standing on your head is not a requirement. Robot tongue

Best Answer
I would stood on my head. If my Alta wouldn't have died on me. And never came back to life
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Saaaypants21 If your Alta is unresponsive to taps or charging, I recommend getting in touch with our Support Team and letting them know of your experience. I am confident that our team will be able to help provide you with further options for getting you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the same issue as @Judybee my alta only responds when on the charger not when I wear it
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pamaseeta Have you attempted to interact with the Alta with the recommended tips here? Let me know if the display lights back up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tyring to detup my Alta on my account that I created before to replace my flex. Where is the tracker button? Nothing I do seems to make it interact with the setup process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KaylaCTK The tracker button is at the top of the Fitbit app Dashboard. I recommend trying out the official setup instructions as well.

Check out my screenshot with the tracker tile outlined in red below. Hope that helps to clarify.

Screenshot_2016-12-06-14-49-50.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem.  Tap works fine when plugged in but no response when not.  FRUSTRATED!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RoxanneK Let's try restarting the Alta and then giving the tap interactions as explained here another try. Let me know if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do I do to set my alta up to recognize incoming texts and phone calls? It said to go into setting's in the app and I did with no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Alta fit bit only shows the time, nothing else. also it does not respond to taps, I only get the time when I turn my wrist.

is it me or is the fit bit not working correctly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up sending it back for a replacement. Never would work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel the same way as this is the most frustrating item I have had in a long time.  Does not seem worth the time and trouble.    Good luck.   I am ready to throw in the towel 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_1824.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto

it may as well be completely in a foreign language.    Impossible to navigate and understand.   Such a shame.   Looks like a good product if it worked.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jenjen81 Check out the full instructions for setup of notifications for mobile devices here.

@TuckiesMom I recommend restarting the Alta with the instructions here. Once you've completed the restart process, I recommend attempting to tap and interact with the Alta again once you completed the restart. Let me know if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tapping or turning my wrist just does not work. It displays nothing. I think I need to return this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Profit I recommend restarting the Alta and then giving it another try. Let me know if these tips help get you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I restarted Alta. While attached it responds. When not attached it does not.
Best Answer
0 Votes