Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Alta goes black when disconnected from charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is the 2nd Alta I have bought my husband.   The first one I had to return because when it was disconnected from the charger it would just go black.     Now this one is doing the same.     It shows a fully charged batter.      Help please!     I have tried all the troubleshooting tips I could find.

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48
We ended up getting a new Alta HR. Fitbit was very helpful in replacing
it for us. I would recommend you contact them. We had two brand new
Altas that did the same thing, I understand your frustration.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi 😊

Contact Fitbit Customer Services, they will run through some diagnostic
tests with you, and if it's still doing the same thing, and it's within the
two year period, they will replace it for you.

Hope this helps.

Andrea
Best Answer

Had same issue. got a replacement pebble that has the exact same issue. seems like a firmware problem or manufacturing defect. awaiting a reply from support on the next steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree the customer support is very helpful and after my fitbit stopped working and I tried everything they suggested they sent me another one. It syncs on my computer but as soon as it is disconnected it won't display anything, it's a shame there are so many problems with the fitbit alta wish I had gone for the 50% off now...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, sorry for the late response. 

@Koinzan, welcome to the forums.  

Thank you for sharing that your've been experiencing the same problem with the Alta not responding when disconnected from the charger. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance as well, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. Let me know about the outcome. 

Thank you for sharing your experiences with this @Jeanieweanie @Andibaikie @sapan @Davey-B, and for confirming that you already contacted the Support team.  

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received another alta rather than 50% off another fitbit as I was more than happy with it until it started acting up, yet it was not fit for purpose either so undeterred I bought the Aspire HR and although it does not log some of my activities it is working - for now.

Davey B

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Davey-B, sorry for the late response and thank you for sharing these updates. 

I'm sorry to see that it wasn't possible to resolve the problem with the Alta device, but it's good to know that your Inspire HR is working properly. 

Regarding the activities not being logged, could you please provide a few extra details about this inconvenience you've experienced? 

Keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my fitbit does not always sync in which case it loses information like activities for a few days.. 

Davey 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the same thing.  I find that when I go walking ironically my Fitbit Alta stops working.

Best Answer
0 Votes