Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What does it take for an activity to be counted as exercise? For example, a 30 minute walk today shows as active minutes but not as exercise although I have walking for that much time set as an exercise. If I manually enter it (as Fitbit advised me to do) then it adds those steps which have already been counted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

The auto detect for activity can be set to a certain time of continuous activity to trigger. I have mine set for 10 minutes so that normal pacing around the house does not trigger the auto detect. On the phone app tap on your profile picture on the upper left. Then scroll down to Settings: Activity & Wellness. Tap on that then tap on Exercise.Tap on the exercise you want to set and you can enter the time for auto detect to trigger. Note that the activity must be continuous. When I walk the dog and she decides to stop and sniff for a couple of minutes before the auto detect cuts in I find that it resets and starts a new 10 minute clock to detect the walk. Most times I just manually start and stop the walk tracking.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. But I have it set at 15 minutes and it sometimes misses an hour of walking. I don’t know what triggers it: arm swings or heart rate. If the latter, it could be that I don’t walk fast enough or that it just misses because my arm is so small. It can’t measure my sleep, I guess because the thing is too loose, although it used to be able to do that.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes