Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset for Alta?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I factory reset my alta?

Best Answer
234 REPLIES 234
So how do I reset the time? Everything else is ok but not the time!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is on the UBS part of cord.. it's a small circle that isn't obvious

Sent from Carla's iPhone 🌸
Best Answer
0 Votes

Display on Fitbit ALTA shows 3/4 charge left, but stops recording. I need to discharge battery to improve its capacity. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have a ALTA, and since I gought it, I can configure it, but after 2 mins, when I double tap nothing appears, as it was with no battrery, also, it is not connected again, and in the iphone it says Looking ... with no success. If I plug it into the charger, it turns on, and it is connected again. It says battery full.

Any idea? Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
That seems pretty serious... this may require a call. It seems like a malfunction that could require replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You: What is the hotline number?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sashikiran, you can find the correct contact details for your country by going to contact.fitbit.com

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Not sure if this might work but I think I would let the battery go to empty and then re-charge, see if this helps. Question: how long does it take to get to 3/4 of battery? I ask because it could be a display issue... my battery only lasts about 4-5 days before needing charge. If it's only lasting 1 day you may have a mechanical issue that might require replacement... all Fitbits have a year warranty... they are great about replacement

Best Answer

This worked better than all the other suggestions! Thanks!

Best Answer

I don't seem to have that little button on my charger for the alta

@jeszika wrote:

Refer to this picture; it's a small round button on the side of the USB end of the charger

@jeszika wrote:

Refer to this picture; it's a small round button on the side of the USB end of the charger:

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your advice.
My Fitbit has been replaced.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

Reset my altar 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would someone help me to reset my Fitbit ...date and time are off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sending my back wanted to erase my name etc.  Read all the comments seems nothing gets me to the part "erase personal info" anyone had /has same problems & was able to fixed it??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Bing1938, absolutely none of your personal data (name, email) is stored on the Alta device itself, so no one who has access to your Alta will have that info. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your response!!

Best Answer

So because there is no way to factory reset the Fitibit Alta once you get a new fitbit the alta is just junk because no one else can use it? I just got a new fitbit for Christmas and I was thinking of selling my Alta of giving it to a Family member are you telling me I might as well just throw it away because there is no way for a new user to set it up as their own?

Best Answer
0 Votes
> I just got a new fitbit for Christmas and I was thinking of selling my
Alta of giving it to a Family member

My wife got my old Alta. There is no need to reset it. Just remove it from
your account, and then they can add it to their account.
You don't get the steps that are already on a Fitbit when you add it to a
new account.
Best Answer

I don’t have the original charger. It broke about a year ago. Is there another way

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Wendygreiner, I would recommend buying a new charger from Fitbit.  It will be listed under accessories in the Fitbit store (link at the top of each page in the forums).

Best Answer