Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta isn't tracking my exercises

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit don't count my exercise 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @sonoa. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Please know that most Fitbit devices automatically recognize and record high-movement activities through the SmartTrack feature. To start, the default duration settings of your Fitbit Alta is 15 minutes long. However, you can also choose which activities your device tracks automatically, or change the amount of time needed to record the activity. To do so, please follow the next steps:

1. Tap the Today tab , then tap the Exercise tile.
  2. Tap the gear icon in the top right.
  3. Tap an exercise, and adjust the duration or turn off Auto-recognize.

You can learn more about the SmartTrack feature in this link How do I track my activity with my Fitbit device?

Keep in mind that you can also use the Exercise app to start and stop a workout. For more information, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @sonoa. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Please know that most Fitbit devices automatically recognize and record high-movement activities through the SmartTrack feature. To start, the default duration settings of your Fitbit Alta is 15 minutes long. However, you can also choose which activities your device tracks automatically, or change the amount of time needed to record the activity. To do so, please follow the next steps:

1. Tap the Today tab , then tap the Exercise tile.
  2. Tap the gear icon in the top right.
  3. Tap an exercise, and adjust the duration or turn off Auto-recognize.

You can learn more about the SmartTrack feature in this link How do I track my activity with my Fitbit device?

Keep in mind that you can also use the Exercise app to start and stop a workout. For more information, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer