Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fully charged Alta won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! So I've had my Alta for about 6 months now. I went to charge it last night and when I put it on this morning it had a full battery and was working fine. After about an hour I went to check my steps and the screen was completely blank and when I tap on the screen it won't show the different screens. I'm not sure if there's just an issue with the battery or if it's completely dead. 

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35
Thanks, but my replacement Alta hasn’t shown up yet so I’ve been another week without a working tracker. Really disappointed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

that exact thing happened to mine today and I just put it on charge and it turned back

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Carlaa  a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your feedback and information. I'm Glad to hear that your device started  to work again. 

@SunsetRunner Than you for your post and information. I've contacted Support about your  replacement, and was informed that it should be on it's way to you. 

Please let me know if I can assist you further

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do u find this option on the Fitbit app? I don’t see it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Babycakes10101 ! I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I am glad to assist you with your inquiry. Please let me know what option on the Fitbit app you're looking for? What is the model of your phone? 

Looking forward to your response!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello my Fitbit Alta is having the same problem and I have tried everything! I don’t know what else I can do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem after not wearing the Alta for over a year.  I tried resetting it like the support page says, pressing the button on the charging cable three times, but all it did was vibrate each time I pressed the button.  I finally just kept hitting the button, probably a dozen times, then it did a longer vibrate and seemed to reset, and now it works fine.

Best Answer

Hi I just got my fitbit alta I plugged it in to charge put in the code and this came up ( ! ).now my screen is blank.its not vibrating nothing.its like it's dead.it wont sync with my phone as it keeps saying no device fone.someone please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

My mom got me one yesterday because I keep having blackouts and she wants to track my heat rate. It won’t turn on now 😕 at all. the app said it was fully charged last night but it won’t work whatsoever.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never got it to work. If you just got it call customer service they might be able to replace it for free or they might try to help you solve the problem.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I figured out how to reboot it and did that then completely charged it and
it worked 🙂 Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JuanFitbit  I seem to be having the same problem with my Fitbit. A bit sad that this is happening for I was excited about it. Even tried to convince a family member to get one but sure enough its not working now. It’s really frustrating. Please help. I already tried resetting it on my laptop, wall outlet. Searching videos for tips and attempted to do a chat but it wasn’t going threw. What is something you advice to do to fix this problem? Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem - black dead screen. The Alta works only when is attached to the charger. Tried restarting with the button as suggested, but still no results. I am disappointed 😔 with Fitbit.

Best Answer

Mine's just come back to life after trying someone's suggestion of going to settings,  apps, fitbit...force stop.... then switch bluetooth off then on again.... my Alta was able to sync again after a week! No more black screen/face hooray!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Iam same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sometimes suggestion sorted mine 🙂

Go into Settings, apps, force stop Fitbit, then switch off Bluetooth,
then switch on Bluetooth.... mine sprang to life!

Joanna
Best Answer
0 Votes