Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Map My Run with Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I record my running data on www.mapmyrun.com but i'm unsure how to link fitbit with this 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

I did the syncing when I first got my fitbit and it seemed to import the map from map my run.   Now I'm not getting the map any more.  Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t see an “import workouts” button on my MapMyRun Workouts Dashboard. I have the app syncing to Fitbit supposedly, but it doesn’t acutally work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can follow these steps up until step 6. Then, there is no button on my dashboard to 'Import Workouts'

Can anybody help please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t seem to find the “import workout” 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to login on the actual site not the app. I found the import tab on the dashboard but not the “sync” button. I only see where my Fitbit is connected. So I still can’t import my workouts from Fitbit. So frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah it’s annoying. Basically you can’t do it but they don’t say that.

Best Answer

I'd highly recommend using Strava and syncing via that. It works seamlessly. You just log your run with GPS on your watch, and then it uploads to Strava within 5 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for the detailed reponse above, I can connect my Fit Bit Versa Lite to MapmyRun App, however when you suggest to go back to my dashboard and click 'import' I don't see that button or option anywhere on the App? Do I have to be a premium user as I'm using it free at the moment?

Thanks.

Rich

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no 'Import Workout' button within the App itself - you have to go into MapMyWalk.com directly to use this feature.  The only way I can get my Fitbit information to log into MapMyWalk is to download the Fitbit file from Fitbit and then download it into MapMyWalk ... after every walk.  Frustrating and time consuming.  You can get around this by starting both Fitbit AND MapMyWalk prior to your walk, but kind of defeats the purpose of having them linked.

Heart rate is not collected unless you move up to the paid Premium addition ...grrr.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I recently bought Underarmour hovr shoe and using MapMyRun app...so tracking works only wen my phone is around...is it possible to run with my hovr shoe connected to Fitbit without my phone with me and get the tracking done

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have an "Improve tab".  Where is it?

Best Answer

How to sync Map My Run data to fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can't sync data TO Fitbit from any other service. Only way to get data in fitbit is to wear the tracker or use the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to connect MapMyRun and Fitbit, but I can’t find the Fitbit on the list. I have iPhone. My sister has an other phone and she got Fitbit on her list. Any idea what I must do?

Best Answer

I'm not sure if this has changed of late however Fitbit isn't showing up as an option in connected devices and accounts within mapmyrun. Is there any way to link in 2021?

Best Answer

This simply doesn't work. Has something changed since it was posted?

Best Answer

I have the same issue. I had to move from Endomondo, so I thought MapMyWalk would be the next best thing, but when I was trying to connect my versa 3 there was no Fitbit devices on the list. Any idea if it’s not compatible anymore?

Best Answer

Pretty sure this no longer works. I requested support from MapMy and got the below:

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out. We do not currently offer the ability to sync data to/ from Fitbit, but we would be happy to pass your request along for future consideration. Our support team works to ensure that all feature requests are heard by our product managers and developers.

Best,
Alexa

Best Answer

I have no idea how to link my fitbit device to mapmyrun. I've been able to located the apps and devices tab but fitbit is not one of the options of devices i can link.....

Best Answer