Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my Alta

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've lost my Fitbit I've looked high m low  Help! Thought I lost it at work but looks like I went home with it.. tried yo sync  n nothing suggestions please...  Thank you

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for visiting the Community @maryanncastillo

It's a shame to hear that your Alta got lost, let me help you out. I totally agree with @Odyssey13 try using a Bluetooth locator app to help you find your tracker. For Android you can try Bluetooth Finder, this app is free of charge so don't worry. 

Hope it helps!

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hello and welcome to the forums @maryanncastillo

Read this article on what to do when you've lost your Fitbit - click

It often turns up for most people in unexpected places. Check your car cup holder, too.

Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thanks for visiting the Community @maryanncastillo

It's a shame to hear that your Alta got lost, let me help you out. I totally agree with @Odyssey13 try using a Bluetooth locator app to help you find your tracker. For Android you can try Bluetooth Finder, this app is free of charge so don't worry. 

Hope it helps!

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Thank you n yes I did or am doing this now..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have add the app. And 1 says  it's found it but says it's too far,  the other one says it has found it also but location  hasn't been saved to try in a few minutes which I do n keeps saying the same thing so I'm patiently waiting..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been back tracking my steps the only thing at work I'm all over the place..but trying 1 area at a time . There's been no movement n where ever it is it pretty warm burning calories.  Went back out to truck again 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I'm open to any more helpful suggestions..

Best Answer
0 Votes

My lost fitbit has new notifications went from recovery runner to higher like an hour ago. How'd that happen? Still looking every minute I  have. Desperately searching...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@maryanncastillo   Recovery Runner is a rank. You see under a member's name, their rank. Click to learn more.

It's based on the number of posts and you've posted seven times.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I have lost mine 4 times since Christmas the band is not working for me at all 

the latest was today and lucky was found again after many hours of looking and retracing my steps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have lost mine numerous times as well. Is there a new band that will prevent it from coming loose so easy.

I'm in search for a solution before I throw the thing away

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've changed bands.  I've been them on Amazon from $5  and higher they've been pretty good haven't lost it yet. They're like the,old schools buckle bands 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost my Alta too. I tried the Bluetooth App but since it was two weeks ago, been retracing my steps but nothing. I’m just now finding out about this app, my Fitbit battery is dead as can be by now. I’ve a one year warranty so a friend suggested I call to see how they can help me or if they can see where it was located last but no GPS and basically they can’t help me at all. I’m so frustrated. Any other suggestions on how to relocate my Alta? I ordered a knock off but still hoping for a miracle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There were several apps to locate your fit bit I used several 2worked good. 

Question were you wearing it when u lost it? Which bans were you using?

Mine  came with the snap  which I didn't even have for like 4 days. FITBIT was replaced and I bought different band yes it came with the snap band. And have yet to come across my old fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I was wearing it, and it was the snap band which sometimes unsnapped itself.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Knowing that you should replace you firbit share your story with them, it wouldnt . Hope all goes well for you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome help @maryanncastillo! Welcome to the Forums @FlyingSooie! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Alta. Upon checking with Support I was able to see that you have a case with them. 

If you have more questions about your case resolution or you need further assistance, please go back with them. I'm sure that they can help you to get back on track. 

Catch you later! 🙂

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
Thanks for the advice. I do?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it's fustrating... but if u look up the fitbit clasp you'll see how many people have lost their tracker due to faulty clasp. I was just throw in the towel myself until I got an email about reading their policy on replacing the tracker. Those clasps are faulty and they know it but have yet to recall them n they really should. I was so sick over my lost fitbit I was in my dumpster at home n work... yes in every trash bag walked and crawled  the whole area at work in home . I tore up my house went through every corner i had been. Pulled everything out of my storage shed because I took stuff in and out. Nothing ... look up the fitbit clasp and see how many lost theirs due to clasp. These trackers are not cheap. Frustrating yes , worth it ? To me yes, I don't have that kind of money to just toss n if I did I still wouldn't..  just saying hoping for  a good outcome for u

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @FlyingSooie and @maryanncastillo! I appreciate all the help and tips you have been giving @maryanncastillo

@FlyingSooie Thanks for all the feedback and I wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience. 

Since you received a 25% discount option after Support evaluated your case, please know that this is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family. I'm sure our Customer Support team will be more than glad to help you further with this or if you need further clarification for your case resolution. Or, you can take a look at our policies if you have further questions about our Warranty Policy

Catch you later!

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer