Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Alta keeps shutting down.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last three days Alta not charging beyond 80%, even overnight. When I put it on it shuts down right away. I’ve had ‘tis Fitbit for about a year & have had ongoing problems of this type. Not sure if I’ll want to buy another one eventually as am not too happy with this product. Please help!

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53
If it was still under warranty I should have got it replaced right?
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

NO WAY😒

Such BS FITBIT😡   

A COMPLETE LACK OF INTEGRITY😑😒😔 

AND RIP OFF TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. 👎🖕

#makemesickfitbit🤑

Best Answer
It had been 20 months since I was given a Fitbit Alta as a Christmas
present. I was surprised it was replaced, to be honest.

However, it had already been replaced through twice and I suppose it was
because each was less than 12months when it failed, that I got it replaced
each time.

It's good to see my stats have gone up again, now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats remarkable!  I'm going to contact them as well. I LOVE my Alta HR... Thank you for sharing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys,

Some update on my side: after weeks of discussion and having the same pathetic answers around "warranty expired", some of their employee by mistake mentioned something like "this is why we offered you a discount" (which I had never heard of). I further enquired and the answer was "sorry mistake, we don't deliver to your country of residence". So reasoning: you are right, we have discount policy for that, but not for you. As if I wasn't able to purchase online, get it delivered to a place they do deliver to, and get it up to where I live.

But all and all I am happy: no risk of me using that 35% coupon and be trapped a second time. Not only their products are dreadful: their customer after-sale service is certainly as bad. Who would want to get these guys richer with that? Now I turned to what is know to be a far better brand (Garmin). And I am curious to know how many people think the same: you have had a similar experience and quitting for good Fitbit brand or if you are about to buy a Fitbit but start to realize thanks all the comments are above that it would be a huge gambling and reconsider, put a thumb up.  All the best everyone and see you hopefully on the Garmin community chat 😉

Best Answer

Says how bad the product is... As we all know and have experienced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely! Leaving them, and making sure we  share how much we are treated like waste is the only way forward!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is the only question we should all ask ourselves: what's the use of buying another one, even if they offer a discount? Who would want to be trapped twice? With all we read under this post, there is no hope that things will be different with another purchase. Nor that one would get another customer service. See you maybe in a better brand user community 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Useless. They will get you a standard reply for weeks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried to get a compensation for months. And report problem since a couple a years. Problems started within the first year. So many people experience the same. Customer service dreadful. I'm taking stock of my loss, and turning to a professional brand. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess those were not Fitbit brand ones

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turned to them too. Way more professional, super happy with them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been asking the same for weeks. They don't give a dam about it! Time to move on 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes