Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not logging food correctly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I enter food,  it is erasing it and adding random food on it’s own?  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone! Smiley Happy Good to have you all in the Fitbit Community Forums!

I'm very sorry about the issue you all were experiencing with the Food logging feature. As most of you already know, this is a known problem and we have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported. For more information on this, you can check the main thread here.

Anything else you may need, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

mines not adding random foods but not adding my food correctly, started yesterday

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. It started yesterday. I scan the barcode it pulls up the right info and saves as something different, if I manually enter the info it doesn’t save at all. Really frustrating. 

Best Answer

Keep an eye on THIS THREAD for updates on this issue.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I turned my phone off and when I turned it on seems to be ok but I haven’t tried entering additional food yet. Fingers crossed. Too many Fitbit problems this year. I’m considering switching brands.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having 2 issues with my Fitbit app since the last update.

1- when logging foods random foods are being added. Ex. I add turkey and it logs in as Strawberry swirl ice cream??

2- I enter 5 different items for lunch and only 3 of them are saved?

Therefore, I cannot keep an accurate calorie count.

Help!!

Best Answer

Same thing happening to me. 

Best Answer

See my post above.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

So frustrating! I’ve logged food in every day for the last 2 years and never an issue. Only after the latest update. What is up??

Best Answer

My Fitbit is doing the same thing since I did the update yesterday!

Best Answer

My Fitbit Slta HR will not log the food correctly since I did the update yesterday!

Best Answer

My Fitbit is doing the same thing. Never had an issue until the doing the last update! Frustrating!!

Best Answer

It’s doing the same when I try to add food. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
turning phone off then back on appears to have fixed iy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I encountered the same issue today - it logs something entirely different than what I entered or it doesn’t show ip

at all. Never had a problem before. I shut down my phone and restarted it, but the issue remains

Best Answer
I did that and no change..I then turned Bluetooth off and back on and no
change.....then refreshed the app in settings and no change. So frustrating
😠
Best Answer

I am having the same problem!

Best Answer

Please see this post as its s known issue

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Issues-with-food-input-on-iOS-2-53/m-p/2825777

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Didn’t work for me! Tried this several times!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yes! That is exactly what is happening! Everything I enter is coming up as ‘ spicy hummus’?! 

Best Answer