Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only simplified sleeping patterns since days, nothing works

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I receive only simplified patterns since 5 days, and the last 2 don't even have the right starttime (!) . I have reset it, I have unpaired and paired it again. I am wearing this product since 2017 (this is my 2nd tracker) and I have not changed anything - it is on my wrist as usual, the same tightness as usual, no life changes where I d sleep more vividly.... It keeps saying it can't get a cinsitent heart rate reading although my heart rate is properly recorded during the night. Is there a software problem that needs to fixed? If this issue will not be solved I will not be able to buy anther fitbit, as the sleep stages are very important to me,even though I was very happy with the product until then. Reseting does not help. Unpairing and pairing also not. Please tell me what I can do. Thanks. 

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

Same for me plus no heart rate either. Mine is also 3 years old. Are they worn out???!!

Best Answer

I've had the same issue for over a month now and my device is only a year old! It's getting very frustrating.

Best Answer

For sleep stages, sleep has to be a minimum 3 hours and have a consistent heart rate.

Is heart rate turned on?

Now open one or more affected sleeps

In the first page look below the simplified sleep chart. If you are lucky you should see the reason for simple sleep

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! It seems my Alta HR has difficulties to have a consistent heart rate, altgough I can always see it clearly on the watch itself. Any idea how I can fix this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not changed anything, wearing fitbit since 2017,this is my second, it's maybe 2 y old. Maybe it's just breaking. The tips in the article were unfortunately not helpful. 

Best Answer

Same here. Says it can't get a good reading while I'm sleeping. Can't help how I sleep, so I'm not satisfied with that answer. It should read it any which way I sleep. Doesnt make sense. It reads my heart rate. It will only start tracking and keep a record after I've been asleep for a few hours, which makes for an incorrect accounting. Which then says "oops, you gotta get more sleep"

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem. It was working OK for about a year until about Feb 2020 when I suspect Fitbit changed something in the fitbit software and/or Fitbit phone app. Now the sleep times are way off and it won't do sensitive mode anymore. I did all that their online support help suggested but nothing worked. Finally they tell me that they are working to fix it and ask me to wait. I ONLY use this for sleep monitoring, so now its useless. Anyone know another brand that works good for sleep. I wish they would let me go back to the software setup that existed before Feb 2020 but all my requests about this are ignored by them. Any idea anyone ? PS. My heart rate data is fine.

Best Answer

We all state that is used to be working fine before Jan/Feb 2020. Its not anything you say because nothing has changed in our sleep patterns/ method of wearing/ settings. The only thing that has changed is that Fitbit have changed the device software and app.

Best Answer

I can see me heart rate data on the web browser and it is fine. I don't think that is the problem despite the message that the app produces.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's stop guessing, open the Fitbit app.

Tap on a sleep in question.

Look below the graph of simple sleep.

Screenshot_20200712-025433_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Read that already of course!! And I know that the tracking of my heartbeat seems not constant since over 2 weeks. (mostly at night but also during day time sometimes). But I said, nothing has changed in my wearing, sleeping whatsoever behaviour. I guess this thing is just breaking 😞

Best Answer
Who's guessing ? I've seen those messages beneath the graph and they
always talk about heart rate but there's nothing wrong with my heart
rate data. Its always good. You can see the heart rate data graph is
OK. This is a software problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Looks like the sensitive mode has started working again on my fitbit
since the App update three days or so ago now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If the message says something about heart rate, then there is a problem with heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought the new Fitbit Inspire HR & like it so much more than the Alta. Does much more than Alta & comfortable

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it really seems that they have fixed the problem now with that latest App update. Looks like it is working again with no problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR is still only giving me simplified sleeping patterns. Nothing about my sleeping has changed, nor the location of my phone/wrist placement. It's reached a point that I will not be getting another Fitbit when it's time to replace this one.

Edit: The app is up to date and I have restarted the Fitbit and still no change.

Best Answer

After having written back and forth with the support center, trying different things (they suggested to update both, device and app, to change to sensitive mode in the settings and some other things that I have had tried already) and still after 35 days I still have simplyfied patterns I give up now and consider it is broken and will look for sth else probably from a different. brand. 

Best Answer