Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

I just received my Alta after pre-ordering.  I am currently in the process of setting it up using the android app.  Right now it is not seeing it while my bluetooth is on.  The first screen says Power Up, and it is searching for it but does not find it.  After that, the Not Working? screen comes up, and you have the option to try again.  After selecting try again, It then says Bluetooh Issues.  This is where you can restart Bluetooth, which I've done multiple times already.  I know my bluetooth works on my phone because I have it setup to work with my headphones with no problems.  I have it securely connected to the USB pin connecter which is then connected to my PC.  It is charging so I know there is connectivity.  I've restarted my phone a few times, but to no avail.  I never had any problem connecting with my HR.  Has anyone else experienced this with the Alta, does anyone know of anything that I could do to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
237 REPLIES 237

Same here.  No response from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can I change my Charge HR account to an Alta account
Best Answer
0 Votes

i have had the same issues. how did you get yours to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

have done this multiple times and now i cannot get past the screen where it asks to match the four numbers on the fitbit. any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the Fitbit  support department walk me through the steps while on the phone at my computer. 

Sent on my Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S® 5
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have the fitbit support department  on the phone and let them walk you through it while you are on the computer That is what I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got my Alta today and it wouldn't sync - this fixed it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Your tip worked!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was having issues setting up my Alta from my galaxy S5 to the Galaxy s7. How I got mine to work was went in to my galaxy s5 &disconnected from S5 then went and reconnected to my galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

yours was the only tip that worked!  How silly all this technology can be lol.

@hollyaw24 wrote:

I do not have one, but are you replacing an existing fitbit? I know that when I tried to pair my new Charge HR near my sister when she was wearing hers, it wouldn't pair. I had to wait until she went home 🙂

That's my only tip for you.

How do you like the look and fit of the device?

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You almost got me there now there is a error in syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Judy1946 wrote:
Can I change my Charge HR account to an Alta account

@Judy1946 you don't change your account, the account is about you, not your tracker. 

There are two choices you have, add the tracker as a second device or add the tracker as a replacement device. 

As a second device you may choose which one to wear today, as a replacement the HR will be unusable until it is setup to an account, yours or somebody elses. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

My wife's replacement Alta arrived 2 days ago and we still can't get it working. It seems to have charged because it is recognized during the set up process, and bluetooth recognizes it, but I can't get the number to "pair" it because nothing displays on the screen of the Alta. I have tried restarting over 10 times but nothing on the display.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

worthless

Best Answer

get me off this blog

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't had this problem yet so unfortunately I can't give you any advice.I hope someone out there can help you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This sequence works!! When you sign in you will see the Dash screen. Click on the little blue credit card shape next to Account in the top line of commands. The rest of the process continues. It even recognized that I had a Flex, updated it, gave me a choice which fit bit I wanted to be primary. I will wear my Flex during water aerobics and the Alta the rest of the day. Thank you for great advice.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Bette Ross
"Do small things with great love" St Mother Theresa
Best Answer
0 Votes