Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cracked Alta HR screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen has cracked - without me knocking it on anything.  It's less than a year old.  How to I get a new screen?

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

Here's what I did to resolve the problem on September 7 and 8, not that it is entirely sufficient for a known defefect. All I can do is encourage you to purchase thru Amazon like that other person and buy full protection and save printouts from this chat room.

I went to the shop screen of fitbit, I selected the chat live option. I said I wanted to replace my alta HR. That the screen cracked on an 85 degree F day this week. They said it was past the warranty so they couldn't assist. They said there was also no repair location near me. I responded that the screens cannot be repaired, I mentioned Ferdinand and the community forum, he then said it looked like he could get me a 25% savings but I'd have to transfer to customer support. I said as long as we could do it via chat that was great, but not phone as the community in multiple forums, including this one, were reporting bad experiences. It was no problem. The only issue is you can only redeem it with fitbit and u must use in 30 days, you can't transfer to Amazon. I recently made my India badge so that's why I wanted to give this company one more chance. I'm less than impressed tho. I hope it gets better as they become a richer company.

Best Answer

You have made this read like people can contact me for support:  I'm offering assistance for whoever needs it @robynm003

Please change your wording - and stop playing games - I'm receiving NOTHING from this company and I certainly am no advocate of this company any longer!. 

I'm DONE! Smiley Mad

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LY26 wrote:

I was already in a chat with support and was offered 25.% off a new Fit Bit. I would not spend another penny on a Fit Bit after I have already had two failures. 

If if there is anything else that can be done you can send my case to support 

When I went to redeem yesterday all the Small and large Alta HRs are on back order by 3-6 weeks. No other sizes were available. But the special editions were well stocked. How are we supposed to trust that Fitbit knows the new casing won't cause the same or bigger problem, yet it cost more. Do they have part ownership or get an incentive in the extra insurance? Which I cannot believe has a copay. This is not car or medical insurance. I'm taking a screen shot of this posting in case fitbit deletes and encourage you to do the same of your posts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

PEOPLE - PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME RE FIXING THIS ISSUE!  I'm an unhappy user not a Fitbit representative.  I have now received several message due to Ferdinand's poor wording in a response, thinking I can fix these issues.

I'm sorry so many people have been ripped by this company as the cracking screen is a shocking fault, but I'm in the same boat as the rest of you.

Thanks.

Best Answer

@robynm003 are you getting messages telling you there is another post on the issue? If that is the case then to stop them YOU need to turn off your subscription to the topic. When you are in the topic go to the top of the page and tap the gear icon. Look down the list that comes up and tap Unsubscribe. That will stop the messages.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

No, I'm receiving private messages from other unhappy customers thinking I can assist in a replacement etc.  I am well aware I can turn off notifications - which I am about to do as for me, this subject is closed - as Fitbit will do NOTHING for me in regards to fixing/replacing my cracked screen.  everyone who seems to be getting anywhere are in the US.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im sorry - that must be annoying for you.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Good to see you all around and thanks a lot for your feedback!

If you'd like me to escalate your case to the Support Team for them to see what are the available options, let me know and I'll be happy to do so.

@robynm003, I'm sorry about that. I'm not sure why other users would contact you for assistance. There's not much I can do about that but here plublicly, I'd like to let users know that if you need any type of assistance, you can let me know directly. I am a moderator in these forums and I can escalate your cases to our Support Team for assitance.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

My screen has cracked. By no means could I have damaged the watch! I’m 62, mostly bedridden for over 14yrs. I was a successful business woman struck down by a stranger. I’m finally attempting to get back to life after a near-death experience! Considering all of the new technology, (such as Fitbit)! I am appalled by the lack of support I am receiving after owning my watch less than 2 months, I’ve been offered 25% off my next purchase of a fitbit...Seriously?!

Best Answer
The problem with you escalating to the support team is that the support
team does nothing so it's a waste of our time. Thanks, but no thanks.
Best Answer
Exactly! I jumped through their hoops, sent a picture of my cracked screen with their reference # on 7/19/18. Crickets. Don’t waste your time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same situation as Scott169 described. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t quite understand your comment 

Why don’t they just tell us all they do is offer 25% off another watch with the same malfunctioning screen! 

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

I too have a cracked screen that just suddenly appeared and no reason- its longitudinal on one side. My reminder to move doesn't work either and it used to. In fact it doesn't vibrate when I do get my hourly steps. I know because I've seen the message that I got them but no vibration. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just looking at my stats where it has a checkmark that seems to suggest that I accepted their "resolutions"....if by that they mean I said "Forget it. I don't want your 10% off another faulty product. This will be my last Fitbit" then so be it.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Good to see you all in the Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that most of you are having this problem and that you're not satisfied with the response from our Support Team.

I'm sorry that there's not much I can do from my end. If you'd like to take advantage of the discount that our team offers you and you need help with the process, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out with this.

Anything else you may need, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

this seems to be a recurring theme..actually took off fitbit overnight as battery was low...put on ib the morning and noticed large crack right down rhs of face...didnt knock it or any other cause...no sunscreen  insecr repellent etc.. less than 12 months old purchaes in australia.

given that th iis is very obviously a common problem what is fitbit doing about it??

Best Answer

Mine didn't crack -- it actually fell off. Fitbit will do pretty much nothing about it.....you will be offered a discount (I was offered 10% OFF) for another Fitbit. Lame

Best Answer
0 Votes
actually just recieved an email offering replacement after a 5 minute live
chat. pretty happy with the response...
Best Answer

As you can see - Fitbit aren't doing a goddamn thing!  Saving for a Garmin and will never spend another cent with Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes